CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Overcoming Stage Fright! (A13)

Hi, guys! We have done so many activities and presentations. We share stories, ideas and we even laugh together! For instances, we did Human Sculpture, Alien & Translator, Tales of Sounds (story telling using sounds) etc. And what can I say? You guys are so great and so creative!

So, being in front of the class and to conduct a presentation is not an easy task. Some of us would still have butterflies in our tummies when it comes to presentation or sweat when they need to go on stage and present. So how can we beat our stage fright forever?

To learn on how to beat the stage fright, goes to http://stagefrighthelp.com/labels/stage%20fright.html and read up on ways to overcome presentation anxieties. Based on what you have read on that page:

1)discuss what ways (provided in the page) would be helpful for you and give comment about it.

Happy reading!

29 soul(s) who dare to be different comments:

ANIES'S SHAWLS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ANIES'S SHAWLS said...

♥Assalamualaikum....

♥after reading the ways to overcome stage fright, I think, all this is the ways that I always use when I need to go stage and present.

♥Think Positive! Stay positive and avoid being pessimistic. Do not dwell on negative thoughts.

♥Communicate with yourself. Voice out your thoughts and praise yourself for all the achievements. talk about your weakness and create an action plan to address. Know your strengths.

♥Be Prepared - it is very important to cultivate a calm and relax body before the auditions. Free your mind from worries and negative thoughts.

♥thank you...

♥NUR ANIS ADLINA BINTI MAT NOOR
♥AA08098

my name is hafizah said...

assalmlkum n slm sjhtra..
hu3..be a alien is not easy for me..but i try my best,i don't noe why you guys lough..ha3..from this activity,i learn how to co-operate with our partner..the important things is we must calm and relax,think positive..no need to think what will other people say,be your self and you will succes.good luck..

thank you

Jin said...

Hi , every one , sorry about the 1st comment .That time I'm no time to finish and need to found out what password i set ( forgot -__- )..

Hi , although the programme already pass few day ago , but I'm still remember some of them. The topic of this activities is Alien and translator . Its quite funny and the lecture room fulfill with laughs every moments ...

My team is the only teams consisted of different gentle , I'm and a chinese girl name ying zi is also involving ,I'm feel lucky and enjoy it as well. I'm act as translator and she act as Alien .
Although we performance is not well enough and got many parts is forgoted during presentation but we already try our best during this process . I'm feel quite happy .

During this process , we learn how to convey a ideals to every onw by useing english and also train how to overcome the stagefright by standing on stages , this all is very good experiance and will bring big benefits for us in the future . Caused the comunication skills in front of many people is required for a successful engineering and also a leader ..

By refering the stagefighthelp com that introduce by teacher , i'm also find out the stay calm and self believe on own skills is very important and don't be nervous because this isn't a big problem that can related death and live .(maybe some time is ) So don't worry and brave to show ownself in front of people ..

After this , I'm hope i can obtain what the leason teaching and do it well , cause i'm also not enough for talikng in front of many people . I'm hope some day I'm be one of them ..

Norazizan bin Abd Rahim said...

Assalamualaikum....
Based on what we had done last thursday,I'd learnt that it is really hard to stand in front alot of people....furthermore I'm not good in acting.....
but after we did that activity,
i found that it is really important for us to gain the confidence to stand in front a lot of people and to fight with our stagefright....because someday in the future we need to make presentation for our work or assignment....so, that activities was really exciting and enjoyable...

Norazizan bin Abd Rahim
AA08182

Unknown said...

After read through those ways to beat the stage fright while having my high tea .(when no'input',then no 'output' right?).
There are ways like:think positive,always be prepared,stay focused,relax,have deep breath and much more......
those tips might be helpful but for me the most important element to over come is always be 100% self-confident every second on stage.Believe me that the stage is only fantastic when u be yourself in confident.

aien said...

Finally I have a chance to leave a comment here..huhu..about the last activity...I'm so excited to share with all..

Even I never get a chance to come up in stage..but I still can feel the fear of that..and I enjoyed with all the presentation from my friends..with all the weird noise..from all the alien..hahaha...and all the gestures..
congrates to all my friends who do it very well!!

And it is very important to have a confident in ourself..I know we have to think positive and never think what the others people said..what is the important..we have to trust ourself that we can do better..then we will know..that everything is under our control!!
hahaha...hope so.. ^_~

From this activity..it also help me to communicate with others people that I never meet before..works together and trust each others to complete this activity..and this also make us more close even after the class..

I think that all..tata~
me..
NURULAIN BT MOHAMED HATTA
AA08116

Amir_pali said...

(^_^)Assalamualaikum and salam sejahtera....

Stage fright!!!
I'm very 'cool' that day because I'm just acting liked an alien(the most easy task I must done)that was came from the 'Zz..''s planet(because the planet have a lots of letter Z).I'm very proud because my group was choosen to be the first presenter and we've done an interesting story(Ms.marziah said).

We've enjoyed that day because everyone come out with very creative stories and they're very diffrence every group that make us smile a lots without stopped.I thinks this activities have teached us to be creative,cool,smart and positive.

That's all.TQ...("__")

AMIR FADLI BIN ABU BAKAR
AA08173

Unknown said...

According to what of we done on Thursday, I feel that it is quiet hard for me to present in front of people. That is because at that moment I nervous. Then I only present a few sentences. After the activity, I realise that it important for us to confident to present of what we want to say in front a lot of people.
This activity helps me to learn how to cooperate with my partner and communication skills. I also learn that when we are present we must to stay calm and relax or otherwise we may face the problem which is difficult for us to make the presentation.

X_LiMiTeD said...

hai...
about overcoming stage fright..i admit that i have stage fright and i have to overcoming it in order to undergo the presentation not only in ump but also in the interview and so on..In this lesson,we were gven a partner n one of us have to be a alien and another person have to translate the alien's language..this activity really challenge our creaivity as we have to think out of the box on how to deliver a good presentation..At first i felt really nervous..However i finally can manage it..and i hope i can improve my self in my presentation skill on our next presentation

Anonymous said...

assalammualaikum to hello to everybody..

when i'm alone and thinking the activity of stage fright that we did last week,i felt very happy..everyone got the chance to act in front the people..it is one of new experience to me..one of us be a alien n the other one translate the alien language..it is so fun..i think speak in english is more easier compare to the alien language..

by the way,this activity to teach us how to speak in front the audience..we can feel more confident and didn't feel too shy..anyway,i feel very enjoy every second of technical english lesson..thanks to anyone..

NURUL ATIQAH AJIS
AA08062

sobri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hOney n' cLOver said...

yOsh, ne...^^
its me again...=^.^=

well....
its like what they said, suddenly i become sOmeone that i dOnt knOw...ahaKs....^^
bUt that teach a loT being infront of others was nOt bad after all...
iT just da cOntrol of da mind set....
sO let just say it was fun and great to be part of oThers...
sharing with ur ability n thinKing.....

-simplediba89-

Unknown said...

ASSALAMUALAIKUM....MISS MARZIAH...

tHe last lesson that i have learn are to be confidence 100% to overcome stage fright..its not difficult to stand in front, to be a sculpture..we must trust our self to make the audience confidence...furthermore,,i think we must know the skill of presentation,,,such as eye contact, body language,and many..lastly...to be a good engineer,confidence is the first thing in our life.thats all.

SHARIFAH NADIA BINTI SYED AHMAD

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum .... i love the activities . i love get to know new friends i've met. the activities are quite enjoyable. i dont have much to say, but overall, english lesson is so relaxing!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry because i'm late to give a comment for the last activities...
Actually, i didn't have a chance to perform my idea but i enjoy with all the perfomance...
From my observation, i think its not easy to be an alien..speak in english is easier than speak in alien's languange that no body understand it...i enjoyed with all the activities :)

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum,
Based on what we had done last Thursday, the alien and translator activity is so fun to me. the activity require me to find a new friend to be my partner, that from other section. The activity was teach me how to speak in public. It so fun because i need to translate that my partner language as an alien. It difficult to me for understand that alien has said. Now i realize that English language is more easy to understand than the other language except Malay language. hihi...

sobri said...

assalamualaikum w.b.t and good afternoon 2 all.... also especially to miss marziah...

after doing the 'overcoming stage fright' activity, now i dont afraid and shame to speak infront ... i enjoying that day and today i still remember and laugh abaut that...

now i have confident to speak facing the audience even to face with the alien one on one....!! i also will always prepared myself to speak infront....

any way, thanks to all because give your coorporation to me...

IR.MOHD SOBRI BIN IBRAHIM
CIVIL ENGINEERING STUDENT...ceh!
TQ!

pali said...

Assalamualaikum.
For me the Overcoming Stage Fright!
activity is the most interesting
activity i've done because it's quite
interesting when we must translate to
the audience about what is the alien was talking about.

well, it's difficult for me to talk
in front of the audience because
i'm nervous but i've tried to cover
it by imagine that there is nobody
in front of me.

Now i think i can overcome my
fright to talk in frint of audience a little bit.

THANK YOU!!!

AA08144
MOHD FADLI BIN KHALID
C10/110
KARUNG BERKUNCI 12
25000 GAMBANG, KUANTAN,
PAHANG DARUL MAKMUR,
MALAYSIA.

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum and hello to everybody...

Actually,i did`t know what`s mean by stage fright.After doing the activity last Thursday,i thing a can explain one by one about stage fright.But i did`t have much time to say everything about that because i only given 30 minutes to write this comment.hehe...

My group is a very lucky because only my group have 3 members and i`m the only one men in my group.Because of that i have to be an alien and that was the very very easy job to do.hehe.I only have to make a weird sound and translate by my friend.

The activity teach me to be brave and confident in front of many audience even though i`m a shy person.Besides that,it also help me to learn how to cooperate with my group members.

I think that`s all from me today...
see you in next comment..hehe

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

assalamualaikum and very good mrning@good afternoon....for the alien activities......that some kind the interesting and enjoy activities...that involve all the group member with 100% cooperation..this also make student who frighten being in the stage overcome their problem..also give entertainment to other..that all for me...sorry for the broken English's...thank you..

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum and very good mrning@good afternoon....for the alien activities......that some kind the interesting and enjoy activities...that involve all the group member with 100% cooperation..this also make student who frighten being in the stage overcome their problem..also give entertainment to other..that all for me...sorry for the broken English's...thank you..

MUHAMMAD ADIB ISMAIL
AA08026

Unknown said...

Akum.......For the aliens n translator activity, i think that is good to me..i'm enjoyed the activity so much...but,i don't have any chance to go infront with my partner,Haizan... That was not not ur fault... that our fault coz never take the opportunity to go infront...Honestly, that is good activity..So,next time i will do my best...

Mohd Azfar Irfan B Md Nasir
AA08118
A13

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone.About the 1st comment.I really enjoy the activities.Make me more confident and helping me to reduce my nervous feeling.I also known myself with those activities.I know what my strength and also my weaknesses.With that I can change my weaknesses to become better person.I also can remembered my iends name for only one day. The human sculpture make me think more creative.Easy to say those activities were really helpfull in my life.

Ameerah Muhsinah binti Jamil
CB08113
C13

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum...
first of all...
i wanna say sOrry tO my respectful lecturer, miss Marziah and to all my beloved friends...
for my rudeness during my presentation...
i really forgot to greed you all because of my nervOus that conquer all my mind..
i'm really sorry fOr that...~~
and i really fill realieve after my presantation..

thanks again..
fOr listening fOr my presantation...*bOw tO all...*

nUr syahirah adiba jamsus
AA08163

-simplediba89-

Amir_pali said...

I'm not a good presenter because i can't perform well in front of the audiences.

I'm feel very nervous and i lost my point. I am not have enough grammar so it makes me speak not clearly.

I'm also can't speak fluently in English because i feel too shy.

Anonymous said...

huhu!!
this presentation are not easy as i think..
everythings is lost in front of my friends!!!
huh!
but there is many things that i had learn..
such as:i should not take too many info in my slide,but only take a point..or else,i will read it!!huh!

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum...
it a release after finishing my presentation...
hope that all understand what i had present in front of the class...an di hope that miss marziah will give me a better mark....

posted by
NORAZIZAN BIN ABD RAHIM
AA08182