CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Overcoming Stage Fright! (E07)

Hi, guys! We have done so many activities and presentations. We share stories, ideas and we even laugh together!
For instances, we did Human Sculpture, Alien & Translator, Tales of Sounds (story telling using sounds) etc. And what can I say? You guys are so great and so creative!

So, being in front of the class and to conduct a presentation is not an easy task. Some of us would still have butterflies in our tummies when it comes to presentation or sweat when they need to go on stage and present. So how can we beat our stage fright forever?

To learn on how to beat the stage fright, goes to http://stagefrighthelp.com/labels/stage%20fright.html and read up on ways to overcome presentation anxieties. Based on what you have read on that page:

1)discuss what ways (provided in the page) would be helpful for you and give comment about it.

Happy reading!

19 soul(s) who dare to be different comments:

sajesuka said...

im the first to comment again...

actually this activities helps me being more confident and resposible to myself and to my group members..
btw about the Tales of Sounds (story telling using sounds)...i hope we can do that soon...ok


Muhammad Suffian
EC08093

slayblues89 said...

hello..for me,the alien-translator activity is so so interesting..however i feel little upset bcz my group didn't have chance to present.. :-)

AfiQ said...

This activities is also good for me and everyone.It helps me to improve our english. I hope this activities can be do next time. Thats all, thank you..
KHAIRUL AFIQ BIN ZAKARIA
EC08028

Unknown said...

salam..emm..
what to say..
actually i still have the stage fright..
but i try to overcome it..
hope you guys can help me..thanks..

siti norfarha jumaat
EC08053

ain said...

At first iwas a bit shy...it seems like i dont want to go to the stage..but then, it feels good..i overcome the shy..and now i be more confident than before..thank you

NOOR AIN IZZATI BINTI RAHIM
EC08071

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Well for me...to speak in public is very hard task...afraid of making mistake in front of people and also to face a lot of eyes staring at you...so this kind of activities can make me use to the situation and able to be creative in doing a presentation...that's all and by btw the alien and translator task was very fun and the alien language is very funny too...well good job to all...

Aiesyah Ghazali
EC08027

Jester said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jester said...

Hmm " Stage Fright "
well i think the most important thing we need to face is ourself, self confidence. Without that, you are nothing on the stage, as to me i think no one will respect you. No one will listen to what you say, end up you will start to confuse and your mind turn blank finally you are wasted... Haha to me i think the best way to release your tension is to make jokes.. First you make youself easy when on stage. In the same time you can gain others attraction on what you going to present.

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum to all of you.Now the topic is about overcoming stage fright.Fright is a sudden feeling of fear.I would say that presentation and speak are the frightening thing.When we talk about fright,of course,many of people will experienced the same action like feel nervous,cold,stressful and butterfly in stomach.How to solve this problem?Two things that can help me to gain the strength when speaking on the stage are confident and relax.But sometimes they doesn't work.This is a tougher task to fulfill.I hope I will improve one day.THANK YOU.

SITI INTAN SYAFINAZ BINTI ABDUL KADIR
EC08088
E07

Mr. N said...

Salam..i was a person that very scared to the stage.When i entered a stage,my mind will be blur and cannot thing anything other than "running".. and i feel that i is a stupid person on a stage..But day by day,i tried to overcoming the "Stage Fright!" by trying to be calm and thinking that i can do it.After that,make a contact with the audience to make sure they are enjoy to what are u doing.Hope i can share something to u..I thing that's all..TQ

MUHAMMAD AIMAN BIN UMAR
EC08060

Muhammad Mazizan Bin Msduki said...

salam.same like others,i am so nervous,cold,stressful and butterfly in stomach in this session.But I think this is good for me because it can help me to become confidence in front of the audience.So,day by day,i tried to overcoming the "Stage Fright!" by trying to be calm and thinking that i can do it.Now I think that I can be more confidence in front of the audience and enjoy the activities.I hope that I can share something with u.thanks.

Muhammad Mazizan Bin Msduki said...

salam.same like others,i am so nervous,cold,stressful and butterfly in stomach in this session.But I think this is good for me because it can help me to become confidence in front of the audience.So,day by day,i tried to overcoming the "Stage Fright!" by trying to be calm and thinking that i can do it.Now I think that I can be more confidence in front of the audience and enjoy the activities.I hope that I can share something with u.thanks.

Muhammad Mazizan Bin Msduki
EC08037

Unknown said...

for me this activity is quite interesting because it makes me to be creative to create a story about the alien..besides, it also very helpfull to improve my communication with my partner..but, i still have a stage fright!..but i will try my best to overcome this situation..thanks

nurul atikah nasir
ec08022

Unknown said...

when i come and have to talk in front of the others,i'll be blurr n lost everything...and i really hate this kind of situation...i do really hope that in this class,i can overcome this situation and be more confident to talk in front.

Unknown said...

i have learnt more about presentation....how to be a good presenter...and i hope on that day i will be a good presenter with good slide show...

FADILAH BT MOHAMAD
EC08067

Unknown said...

what can i say for this activity is "wow!".for me this is very challenging activity because we had to speak with our partner as an alien.but,unlucky for me because did not get the chance to present at the stage.ehe =)

Unknown said...

today,i got some new tips from my friends and miss marziah on how to do my oral presentation.firstly,don't talk too much...then,please say the word clearly...don't ever to turn our back to the audience,make some humors and so on..really hope that i'll become a good presenter with the tips that i had...
norfadilah bt zulkefli
ec08081

3 sekawan said...

haha..that was my 1st time being an alien..I enjoy it very much..and I can improve my communication skill..

nasyrah,ec08094