CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Overcoming Stage Fright! (P14)

Hi, guys! We have done so many activities and presentations. We share stories, ideas and we even laugh together! For instances, we did Human Sculpture, Alien & Translator, Tales of Sounds (story telling using sounds) etc. And what can I say? You guys are so great and so creative!

So, being in front of the class and to conduct a presentation is not an easy task. Some of us would still have butterflies in our tummies when it comes to presentation or sweat when they need to go on stage and present. So how can we beat our stage fright forever?

To learn on how to beat the stage fright, goes to http://stagefrighthelp.com/labels/stage%20fright.html and read up on ways to overcome presentation anxieties. Based on what you have read on that page:
1)discuss what ways (provided in the page) would be helpful for you and give comment about it.

Happy reading!

26 soul(s) who dare to be different comments:

Unknown said...

Hi everyone,

Yes, it is true that people generally get stage frights even for myself.

For example, when I joined Kelab Orator UMP, I could speak calmly and condidently in front of the crowd. However, I lacked of knowledege on what to speak and how to arrange every sentences using the right selection of words.

During that time, I felt that I lack of facts and was seen as an unintelligent debator because they say that I'm story-telling rather than debating. When I got stage fright, I don't shiver like I used to when I was a small boy. Instead, my mind becomes blank. Haha

It is still a long way for me to give a very good speech. Hence, a lot of practice and training are needed as just being confident alone is not enough.

To potray yourself as someone who is great during your speech and being comfortable with the audience are keys to show that you are confident.

Also, getting the audience involved with your speech by injecting humour lines and asking simple questions is crucial in any form of speeches, if you don't want the audience feel bored and get sleepy. Pity your audience and never want to be a boring person okay. ;D

Best Regards,
Hasrul
P14 Representative

sharifah norfadilah said...

For me..I have enjoyed on the last class..
I had played a very interesting game.In this game, each group need to select 2 person to be as human and an alien. For me, I got a lots of good values here..when it tought me how to start the conversation with the person that I never know or met before..
I learn how to be a good listener when talking with others and be confident when we speaking or try to speak loudly and clearly that can make our friends understand what we are going to tell them.
I like this activity very much because it also make me laugh and can release my stress..

sharifah norfadilah
PB08047

Unknown said...

welcome guys..
nice to meet u all n my beloved teacher.. we had a lot of great times n i m lookin forward for more.. i hope tis comin 4years we will have a lot of fun, helping each others, study together, and pass tis 4years with flying colours.. hope for more activites in future to closer up the gap between us that from different background n races..

sincerely,
Mt

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum....

Well,I enjoy that activity very much. All of the groups were present a good performance.

Frankly speak,I'm afraid to come in front.Until now,when I'm come in front I will got nervous.

By doing this,I think I can overcome my frightened.

siti halijah,
p14

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum w.b.t..
in my opinion,the previous class we did is so enjoyfull..i really like all the activities that we had done before..after doing those activities,i get to know my classmate much better..i can remember their name much better than before..haha..and i think it's really improve my confident to speak in front of class..i hope the becoming class would make me more fluence to speak in english =)

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum w.b.t
my opinion,activities for the previous class is verry enjoyfull....i learned many things about english n now i can more confident to speak english.tq

Unknown said...

asslmualaikum w.b.t
i really enjoy our class activities last week.through this activities i get a lot new experience.i hope i can speak english better than before.peace!!

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum.....

firtsly i want 2 say i really enjoy that activity......because we can know each other...and i get more new friends from other state.....and for information the 1st time i come this class i really nervous because my english not very well and my confident is really down....after we know eech other and miss ask dont be afraid about your speaking whatever "lintang pukang"..hehehehe...so i just do it my best.......

Anonymous said...

hi and assalamualaikum!!!!

i relly so fun and enjoy for our class activity last thursday.i like to be alien again.hehehe. so funny. then, from this activity i can feel more comfident to arting n speak in english.

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum and salam sejahtera.I new student in my class.time ice-breking i very nervous because i first to explain my self.

My friends help me a lot in the class.

豫悦 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

asalamualakum..actually i still feel nervous to talk in front of others but at the same time that doesn't means i hate it..i'll try to improve myself from time to time..tq
nurul hafzan ismail
PB08039

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum and salam sejahtera.i relly enjoy for our class activity last thurday.from this activity i can feel more comfident to arting n speak in english.PB08006


thank you...

nanie said...

hi guys..
i really happy and enjoy when doing the activities..with the activities we can know how to communiced with each other and give me brave to stand at infront...i hope with doing more activities in class will be help me to improve my english...

Siti Rosnani Binti Suliaman
PB08017

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum....i really enjoy that activities last week..i feel more confident to speak in front of others.thank you

AsHLeY said...

For our last activities at thursday , i feel it quite difficult for me to become the translator...
Because i cant speak well and i afraid to speak at in front....
So i hope that i can improve my english...and can speak well....


NG SWEE NEE
PB08038

Unknown said...

What an unforgettable class to me~~~
I act as ALIEN in the class~~!!!
I had never been think I would act an alien in front of the stage even just a small stage!
Every Thursday, we will join with Civil Engineering faculty in the technical english class… This is our first meet with another faculty and we had Alien & Translator activity… In this activity, we need to find another faculty friend act together.. Though this, I get to know some new friend again…

In this activity, I act as Alien and my friend as Translator… We had our first cooperation and I think that we had done a good job(even my acting are very poor)

Anyway, I quite appreciate this experience to stand in front of the stage and I am looking forward for this…

Sincerely,
Yong Yin Zhi
PB08024

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum and salam sejahtera....

actually today my first class..im very nervous when i explain my self because i can speaking english but just little bit.but i hope i can improve my english.


norfadila
pb08071
p14

豫悦 said...

The Alien & Translator activity is quite interesting, we have fun and we laugh together, that's great. From this activity, we get to know new friends from civil engineering. As for me, from this activity, I do gain some confidence to stand on stage but stil haven't overcome my stage fight. Well, I will try my best to overcome it and hope that all those activities we will do in the class in future can help me.

From the page at the url link that teacher provided, i found out the reason why am i having stage fright. "Most stage fright sufferers have low self - confidence and self-esteem which causes stage fright." Well, i admit that I really have a low self-confidence. I will try my best to practice the ways that the page suggest and hope that there is an improvement on me in future. Thanks.

Regards,
Ong Shu Ying (PB08040)

Elizabeth Davidson said...

Hello there. Well, about stage fright, it's the most common thing that most of us have to go through and did went through while delivering our presentations.

The Alien & Translator activity was interesting even though I was a bit nervous while performing the task. Generally, to overcome it, I suppose it's best to:

~ prepare speeches or the like earlier before presenting it as it'll boosts my confidence while delivering it

~ practise in front of the mirror (like most would suggest) because it's one of the simplest way in getting use to present things in front of others

~ take a deep breath and think positively before proceed in presenting so as to avoid bad thoughts blocking the flow of ideas being delivered.

~ try to concentrate on what I'm going to deliver so that the presentation will proceed smoothly.

Even so, I do hope I can still overcome stage fright in the near future. Thank you.

Elizabeth Davidson
PB08022

nirul said...

Assalammualaikum w.b.t. n Salam sejahtera....
hi my friends,actually today my first time class.I happy to meet u all. Im very nervous when i introduce myself becouse im not good in english. I hope this class can improve my english.

pb08073

Anonymous said...

ASSALAMUALAIKUM.....helLO My frienD...FIst,i enjoy tHat activity fist class..

rpeace1988 said...

assalamialaikum w.b.t. and salam sejahtera,, this is first experience to translator to translate alien language... the previous class me so enjoy... i'll try to improve myself to speak english from time to time..

pb08020

SHAKERS said...

Hi,I have read the article on stage Fright Help on http://www.stagefrighthelp.com/label/stage20%fright.html
I was interested on topics steps and strategy in overcoming stage fright the tips he/she gave is true and suitable in using to fight the fear on stage.I also been mostly have a same fright when I was first time on stage but One thing I do before I step on the stage is to try to think positive and always be prepared in what ever thing I do. Stay focused, relax my thoughts and always take a deep breath.
Thank you
SIMON PETER CHANDRAN
PB08029

SHAKERS said...

Good day,
I have read the article on Public Speaking and Self confident.In this article I do no agreed with the author because the public speaking and self confident not always related most of time because to success in public speaking self confident is not enough,the key to success is full preparation and understanding on topics and creativity in get people attentions not only self confident only is can be the success in public speaking so the author must consider them also.
Thank You
SIMON PETER CHANDRAN
PB08029

Anonymous said...

hai guys..im 2 late 2 cmnt this part..i dont know how the first class go on..because im the second take..so i cant give my comment for the first class..by the way i love all my friends..you all so cool guys..the most important that i like is the game time!!! miss marziah i like all the game that you do in our class..so after this i realy hope that have more fun game you will do in our class..so thats all from me today we will see in the next comment ok...bye..wassalam..:)..

Nadhir Bin Nordin
pb08085
my first comment..:)