CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting Started: Ice-Breaking Activities (P14)

Hello, guys! One week has passed...gone...to return no more. How is UHL 2312 so far? Did you like any of these activities?
1. Snowball fight
2. 30 second talk
3. Speed talk / Speaking board game
4. Human Sculpture

What have you learnt? Do you think these activities help you to gain more confidence?

34 soul(s) who dare to be different comments:

HasRulz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HasRulz said...

Hi everyone, I think UHL 2312 was conducted great so far. The snowball fight was supposed to be fun but maybe we all lacked of aggresion and enthusiasm because we all are kind enough to be extra carefull not to accidentally hit the PCs or trip the wires on the ground..haha

As for the 30 second talk, speed talk and human sculpture, have we done all that? I can't recall.haha

But the combination of two sections without doubt has certainly benefit all of us, I believe so.

These activites should help us gain more confidence to use effective communication skills in English.

Best regards,
Hasrul
P14 Representative

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

Actually,this is the first time,i play such that game(snowball fight).For me,the activity is so fun.

But I can't forget about an incident.Well, I don't think that I want to share about the story.I guess he knows already.But it's alright.I am not angry with him.

So,I hope that there will be so many activities during our english class so that,I can improve my english, especially in communication.

Elizabeth Davidson said...

Hello there. In my point of view, the activity that has been implemented so far was fun and intriguing. I have the slightest idea about 'snowball fight' but I do now. I guess it suits the way it was carried (throwing crampled papers with own descriptions on it towards others). Interesting indeed. Hehe...

Well, it did helped me gained my my confidence and trust towards others. I have more guts in approaching others and converse with them even though we have the slightest clue of knowing one another.

I hope the purpose of the activity will stay that way (continue in encouraging and help others gain their confidences). Thank you.

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum...for the first time i join this class i enjoy the activities that have been implemented..i hope this activities will continue and give me more confident.thank you

豫悦 said...

For this class, besides intoduce ourself, we need to mention our coursemate's name too. From this, we get to know each other better, at least we know our coursemates' name, although it's quite hard to memorize so many names and face at one time. This is the first time I play snow ball for ice-breaking. I found that snowball is a very good activity for ice-breaking. This activity do get us closer to each other. I really enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum........firstly,i can know about my new frends and i feel enjoy.

Anonymous said...

ASSALAMUALAIKUM!! HI!! MY NAME IS EPUL.THIS IS FIRST TIME I PLAY SNOW BALL GAME.

I THINK THIS GAME SO FUN AND ENJOY. FROM THIS GAME I FEEL MORE COMFIDENT AND I CAN KNEW ABOUT MY FRIEND.

THANK YOU.....

nanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hye...hope i know u all very nearly..hehe snowball activity was so exiting.

more than that,this session make me know my new friends in mn project management class..

so far,i really enjoy in miss marziah class..hopefully,she can teach all of us more in ENGLISH..c u all

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum....for me,i feel comfortable and enjoy this class.This activities give me more infomation.Thank you.

AsHLeY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

In this section, we had our snowball fight...

Though this, i get to know about my coursemate name and their previous school ...

Last but not least, nice to meet you all guys^_^

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum w.b.t..
hi! =)
1st day entering in english class,we had done an ice breaking..i really enjoyed the snowball fight..it's really fun!!we also get to know each of us more closed..hope to see u guys in another class..haha

-deyagemok-
p14

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum.....for me the activities snowball flight very enjoy n i can know about all my friend from my class.tq




siti hajar
p14

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

assalamualaikum..........

i not join snowball fight last week because i secone intake.but i hope next time i can join u all.

NORFADILA
PB08071

Unknown said...

asslmualaikum w.b.t
haloo..for the first activity i really enjoy and quit fun.this activity build my confident level to speak in front of my new friend...peace!!!

Unknown said...

Alien was coming (",)

Our second activities really happening with a tears of laugh.I felt so entertain with the character of an aliens acted by all the friends especially ZAINUL ARIPIN..cha cha cha..so weird n strange sound..wawawa

The values from the activity show me how to be a brave person without any doubtful to show our ability to others person..

I hope so the next activity will more entertain and more greatful..thanks a lot teacher..assalamualaikum

Unknown said...

in snowball fight, i know a little BERISI girl call WANI..
hahahaah.. she loves to wear same colour set of baju kurung..
back to topic, it is nice to has this ice breakin activity cos it help to know more classmates..

sincerely,
Mt
PB08026

AsHLeY said...

This is the first time i using the computer to comment. Actually i like the snow fight game because we can know each other.

For the 30 second talk,speed talk and human sculpture we dont do it yet... but for me actually i will feel afraid because i never get any experience for speaking in front....but i will try my best to do it well


NG SWEE NEE
PB08038

rpeace1988 said...

assalamualaikum,,,,
this activities more fun than i think… all this activities quite interesting, makes me laugh
every times in the class... snowball fight makes us knowing each other more and I'm not shy person anymore... thank Q Ms Marziah for teaching me...


PB08020

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum and salam sejahtera..I new student first join my class..I feel very nervous and exited because i cannot speaking in english..

mohd firdaus bin che arom
PB08075

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

Actually,this is the first time,i play such that game(snowball fight).For me,the activity is so fun.

But I can't forget about an incident.Well, I don't think that I want to share about the story.I guess he knows already.But it's alright.I am not angry with him.

So,I hope that there will be so many activities during our english class so that,I can improve my english, especially in communication.

siti halijah azmi,
pb08014

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum..it is the first time i join this class..i very excited to meet a new friend and theachers.so,i hope they can help me to improve my english.

ahmad khairi bin mokhtar
pb08076

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum..and hello to all my frind.first time i go this class i can know about my new frends and i feel enjoy.for me the activities snowball flight very enjoy n i can know about all my friend from my class.tq.....PB08006

Anonymous said...

ASSALAMUALAIKUM....heLLo mY FRIend. this activities more fun than i think… all this activities quite interesting, makes me laugh
every times in the class... snowball fight makes us knowing each other more and I'm not shy person anymore...thank you for everyone...
PB08059..

Unknown said...

hai everyone...

For snowball activity i really enjoy becauce i get the new friend ,chinese boy. He is a tall boy and so funny guy...i like to be friend with TINGGI guy....and the other new friend...hehe

PB08016
Siti hazwani othman

sharifah norfadilah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sharifah norfadilah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
safiuddin mohamed said...

haii

nanie said...

hello everyone...
i really enjoy n happy with the activities snowball...because the activities help me to know each other in my new class...and give me more confident to speak in front of my friends...so,i hope with more activities in class will be help me to improve my english...
thank you...
Siti Rosnani Binti Suliaman
PB08017

sharifah norfadilah said...

hello n assalamualaikum....i feel that,the activities can give me more information about my new friends..so..i'm very enjoy and happy with the activities...

sharifah norfadilah
PB08047