CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting Started: Ice-Breaking Activities (C13)

Hello, guys! One week has passed...gone...to return no more. How is UHL 2312 so far? Did you like any of these activities?
1. Snowball fight
2. 30 second talk
3. Speed talk / Speaking board game
4. Human Sculpture

What have you learnt? Do you think these activities help you to gain more confidence?

17 soul(s) who dare to be different comments:

Unknown said...

This activities more fun than i think..all this activities very fun, makes me laugh
every times..haha..makes all know each other..this activities also makes me closer to other friend,and I'm not shy person anymore..this makes bond to each other...this class hours doesn't board during this activities...smile always..:)

Miz Winky said...

first of all..wanna say thank you for helping me to go through life here..it's kind of heartbreaking for me to continue my study in software engineering because i always dream to finish up my degree in something related to biology..all the activities do cheer me up and makes me forget all those sorrows..huhu..snowball fighting is really hard for me..huhu..i didn't manage to find the owner og the "snowball"..but you help me..thanks again..all this activities really help us in knowing each other better..n also inspired me to do well here in ump..so thanks to you n hope to know u better after this..tata..

Anonymous said...

hye everyone..yup,you guys are right..all this activities had brought us together..we are not shy among us anymore..most of all we tried our best to overcome our stage fright..actually i never liked english until i entered my secondary school..my english teachers had inspired me..than every year i'll try to do my best in this subject..alhamdulillah i succeeded...and now i hope to do my best here in ump..with all of your cooperations and support..so,let us together be as a team here in c13..thank you cik marziah for your activities...hehe..i learnt a lot from all the activities...becoming more confident..

waniey(*^.^*) said...

just seeking....

Anonymous said...

First thing first i would like to thank Miss Maziah because you have change my perception about English or specifically, public speaking..Before this, i really hate this subject but you are such a wonderful teacher can change it in couple of minutes! I enjoy to participate in all ice-breaking activities especially snowball fighting..it makes me becomes more confident and believe that i can do whatever i want..All the activites makes me more creative in thinking and the important thing is, it gives me a chance to know the others better and better..i really enjoy to be with you here..thanks a lot miss..we all love you so much!!

Anonymous said...

English is always be my favorite subject since I was in primary school. I always take an English class as a class to relax our mind and enjoy. Mostly, English's teachers and lecturer are close with me but I don't know this time. he he.. So far, I enjoyed with UHL2312. Hoping that, English will forever be my favorite subject. =)

Anonymous said...

Today we have another presentation said miss maziah.huhuhu… since secondary school, every English class we must do presentation :( really afraid speak in front of many people. In my mind, I look small and really naïf :(.Miss maziah is a great lecturer, she can manage class with smoothly. Look at her is like look at Datuk Siti Nurhaliza hehehehe…she really gives me some tips to give a different presentation, I really like her style.Eventhoungh we just meet but I really like my classmates and they are really funny and kind :(.Of course I enjoy with them:).

Anonymous said...

(CB08039)

Ice breaking! Gosh! It wills always the horrible thing in my life. After going through the session, I didn’t like it… but I LOVE IT!! It was like in the kindergarten... hihi... such the English class is the class to get enjoy... yeah!
Snowball fight? Aha! I got you Naz- easy to cry… I’ll remember that..! and me? Hmm.. Akmal couldn’t figure me out.. Did I so complicated in expressing myself? Nay... but honestly, I like your eagerness akmal - to find out who that `mystery’ person...
30 seconds speak. Only 30 seconds? Yup! I had written, “if you were a coconut, what is the first thing you do?”… I wonder who would get my `exotic’ question… if I ‘m the person that will answer that question… I’ve no idea at all… and the lucky person is you, Shakirah!! Nice answer – the life cycle of a coconut. Like Bryophytes huh?! I got Madhiah’s question – I think, it’s better if I don’t mention it here*..
Human Sculpture and speed talk… something weird at first… I didn’t know what the activities were. Owh! For human sculpture, my team had chosen the sport theme – to show our support for Malaysia’s Olympic athlete in Beijing. Loves to work with you guys! And the last activity was speed talk. I had to confess all things including the latest present that I had given to my friend. If we looked at these activities, it teach us to be more confident (30 seconds speak), teamwork (human sculpture) and to be close with our friends. Thanks Ms. Marziah!

Anonymous said...

hyep Miss Marziah, hyep friend! ;)
how are you??
ha ha
i hope that you are in the pink of health.
first of all, let me introduce you about myself. ;p
(ice breaking right??)
My name is Nur Faezah binti Omar
I live in Melaka Bandaraya Bersejarah.
I am just a simple girl who love listening to music
I am very interested about JAPAN so much and I do want to go Japan someday though
I love to eat sushi + chocolate (>__<)
Laughing is what i enjoy doing most, sometimes make no sense
Sometimes, I get angry & crying easily

Music.. ♪
I listen to almost every type of music including for country music pretty much but mostly my favorites is JAPANESE songs.
I love buying stuff for people though it makes me happy to surprise people with stuff. My favorite no. is 555
I also love something cool, design, sweet and cute stuffs!!

When I'm in good condition (good night's sleep, well-fed):

I'm about 166 cm
I’m asian appearance but with western articulation (gestures, talkativeness, etc).
I like to talk and discuss about everything (as long as it's somehow not over related to war or history) and have been known to intimidate people that aren't as fluent when speaking as I am.

When I'm not feeling so well (not slept, ill-fed):

I'll juz keep my mouth talks rubbish.. and i spit some rubbish out from it also....
Anyway..... dat's it~~!!! =D

For me, Miss Marziah is a great lecturer.
she know how to conduct the class and make it fun.
that is what every students want from their lecturer. ;)
you are very kind for me.
you have a lot of idea to teach us.
you are very smart ;)
looking at you is like looking at my sister.
the way you talk, the way you walk and the way you speak is totally same with her.
i am so grateful because we met.
at least i have someone that can be my idol for this subject.
thanks Miss Maziah.
Nice to meet u ;)
before i end this comment, i want to dedicate u a poem.
hope you like it ;)

There’ll always be ups and downs in our life
It takes a lot of wisdom, knowledge,courage
And opportunity to deal with problems
Also always be aware of
Newton’s Third Law of motion in action!

Difficulties???
Life’s ups and downs...
Provide windows of opportunity to determine
Your values and goals
Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones
To build the life you want

Don’t Quit !!!
Every obstacle is a stepping stone to success

LIFE...
Nobody gets to live backward
Look ahead that is where your future lies!

Follow your dreams
Take one step at a time
Don’t settle for less
Just continue to climb

The greatest challenge is....
To CHALLENGE oneself

Faith is like Electricity
You can’t see it
But you can see light
Be humble and helpful always!
Please take care of yourself.

Wishing u all the best
In whatever good things that you want to do
In your future
I hope that we are all brave enough
To face the music of life.

With love from just me,
Nur Faezah Binti Omar @ Paie

Unknown said...

.....................................
.....................................
.....................................

dun know 2 talk anything la... by the way I enjoy with my class that give me new experiences, new events and another news.
along study on here I'm glad to meet with new and older friends!
>not include girlfriend<
ok, that my comment for this section!
see next comment!

ding dong!!
>_< hav a nice day!!
..................................
..................................
..................................

Anonymous said...

hi everyone!! I love english when I was in secondary school. Then, I found that english is bored when I further my studied. And now, again I love english because it motivated me to do something that I should do..and of course, I knew myself better than I was before. It's relly fun to become a new person!! Thanks a lot miss marziah for giving me this golden opportunity..

Anonymous said...

hello mello everyone :).Just want to say it is interesting to be here, new environment and of course new faces.uhl2312for me is really fun as we can communicate and cooperate with each other. Besides, we getting to know each other much better,right? ^___^ Nice to meet you Miss Marziah and everyone :)*Fin*

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum....
Hello everyone!!!(^.^)...

Ice breaking is one of the interesting activity...

I really enjoy with this activity..
From this activity makes all know each other beside makes me more closer to our new friend from other state...

farhah mohd sajari
(cb08063)

Anonymous said...

haluu...

Actually i'm happy to be here with the new scene and surrounding.The snowball fight game is interesting and enjoyable.Besides,this activity can make we cooperate and close to each other.Lets go on...

(>_<)
nurulhuda zainal
cb08059

Anonymous said...

Hello guys!

When we talk about ice breaking I always think of doing it just at camping or something like that.

But it is different in here,we did it in class with some fun activities.I really enjoyed those activities because we got to know each other better.

Besides I have chance to know my friends which are from same matricullation college since we did not know each other before.
Maybe we were so busy with our own stuff,I guess.

I really want to thank Miss
Marziah because she let us to know each other better.
I really had with all of you.

Till then,daaa..

Anonymous said...

I'm reposting my comment with my fullname and ID number.

Hye everyone..yup,you guys are right..all this activities had brought us together..we are not shy among us anymore..most of all we tried our best to overcome our stage fright..actually i never liked english until i entered my secondary school..my english teachers had inspired me..than every year i'll try to do my best in this subject..alhamdulillah i succeeded...and now i hope to do my best here in ump..with all of your cooperations and support..so,let us together be as a team here in c13..thank you cik marziah for your activities...hehe..i learnt a lot from all the activities...becoming more confident..


SITI NUR AZWANI BT MD.ISMAIL(CB08067)

Anonymous said...

salam...

ice breaking????

to me...it's so interesting activity that i have done...

from that,i learn more..more and more good value and also to be closed with other friends...

after class, i also share any activity with my roommates that activity we have done...
and sometimes we looks like fighting when we compare who the best lecture..
huhuhuhu

but for me...of course u ...Miss MARZIAH....

thanks so much to u because give me support, advice n strength to do this activity ...
and now...i become more confident to do something...
miss u alwayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nurul aen_cb08069