CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Overcoming Stage Fright! (E08)

Hi, guys! We have done so many activities and presentations. We share stories, ideas and we even laugh together! For instances, we did Human Sculpture, Alien & Translator, Tales of Sounds (story telling using sounds) etc. And what can I say? You guys are so great and so creative!

So, being in front of the class and to conduct a presentation is not an easy task. Some of us would still have butterflies in our tummies when it comes to presentation or sweat when they need to go on stage and present. So how can we beat our stage fright forever?

To learn on how to beat the stage fright, goes to http://stagefrighthelp.com/labels/stage%20fright.html and read up on ways to overcome presentation anxieties. Based on what you have read on that page:
1)discuss what ways (provided in the page) would be helpful for you and give comment about it.

Happy Reading!

24 soul(s) who dare to be different comments:

Unknown said...

yo! to be honest with with you teacher, i think that this activitiy is very good to person like me which is really nervous to speak in front of other peoples which i dind't know very well. in this programme i have done a drama which can only be act by using only voices. with that activity i learned to improve my listening skill n learn a few tips how to overcome this nervous problem. thank you!

hafizly said...

speaking in front of audience is such a hard task where people will stare at you and listen to what you said.terrifying right..but it will turn to be a small matter when you get used to it by participating in every activity during the class.trust me,your nervousness will fade away and your self esteem will grow higher....

Anonymous said...

when i was in Form 3, my principle ask me to come out to the stage of my new school hall at time i felt that my soul already out of my body. I delivered my speech in just few minutes i thought it was just 1 and half minutes for 5 pages text. I m quite little nervous. Then my Principle admired my speed talk then he said to me, Today we have Bullet train speecher.

By now thanks God, i am able to control my nervous on the stage, even not totally but it already gives me motivation to put an effort to make my self as good speaker.

Now, can feel the sense of confident in myself...how to control the eye contact and to tackle the audience. Of course, the whole eyes is being looking at me...that make me feel afraid...but sometimes, we must enjoy that feeling of being watched...

Zulfadhli Bin Sohok EC 08070

Unknown said...

From the activity that I've done in the class, I've learn to improve my comunications skills.
It's also build my self confidence and I learn to speak more coherent and confidence in front of people.

WAN MUHAMMAD FAHMI BIN WAN AZAM
EC08122

Unknown said...

Eventhough I don't have a chance to join all the activities but I think all these activities can build my confidence to speak in english better.

MOHD FAKHRUDIN B SULAIMAN MUSTAHIM
EC08120

Unknown said...

The self-confidence is important to us when we speak in front of the audience.When we confidence to ourself, we will be a good speaker and we can beat our stage fright. To build the confidence we must always think positive and think that we can do it, so that the level of confidence will be increase.


Norsyafiera bt. Nawang
EC08066

siti nur ain said...

Assalamualaikuim and a very pleasant to everyone.In overcoming the stage fright,I would frankly said that it is not an easy task , through some practising and hardwork for the past four years-since I was in Form 4-I think that I am becoming better to present on the stage.But with a little help from lecturers, I found a light in the tunnel at the end, it is so priceless.

SITI NUR AIN BINTI ABDUL KADIR
EC08061
E08

billy the shoe maker said...

Assalamualaikum....

Based on what I have read on the page, ways that I think would help me to overcome my stage fright is to build sense of confidence. In the past, i usually feel nervous and afraid if I was told to give a speech or a talk in front of my friend or teacher. But now, I manage to overcome my stage fright. This is the result from my practice and my determination to overcome this fear.

On top of that, well-prepared also helps me a lot on my presentation.
Usually I will practice by myself in the room before giving a speech. As the result I will clearly know what to talk, what to avoid and how to entertain the audience.

I am very happy because I am able to overcome my stage fright although it is not perfect. But i will perfect it someday,later or sooner.


MUHAMAD SYAFIQ BIN KADIRAN
EC08048

Unknown said...

During this activities, I learn about how to stand and speak in front of the audience correctly. Then, it can improve my communication skills and also build my self confidence when talk in front of them.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

After all the activities I had done in ur classes, I realize that self-confidence is the most important value.With self-confidence, I can overcome fear or any obstacle during lectures. Those activities give me more confidence in presenting in front of people. I met new friends and can get along easily. Connections between each other going smoothly day by day XD

KHAIRUL NIZAM BIN KAMARUDDIN
EC08121

*ChA* said...

ChA...
how my article last time??
very interesting kan..
for me, after 4 weeks in this ump, i meet lots of new freind..
i very enjoy live at here especially went i meet with fadzlan..
he was very cute and handsome guy..
hopefully one day we can sleep together..
dont think bad, it just for fun..
hehe...
aDioUs...

farhan said...

I always want to be a good presenter on stage but everytime i stand up on stage i feel very nervous. After following up this activity, i feel more brave to stand on stage. I should have a good performance to be a good presenter.


Muhammad Farhan Bin Zainuddin
EC 08090

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*ChA* said...

ChA...
after i read the article, i realize that self-confidence are the main key to be the good speaker..
other than that we also need to well prepared so that we didn't nervous..
go to the toilet and practice in front of the mirror..
maybe some people think you crazy but just ignore them..
i'm sure you can be good presenter..
aDioUs..

MUhAmMAd KHaIrUlazwAn
EC06041

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum,this is my 1st time commentting via this blog.i want to say that i'm not really good in english i'm try hard to improve my language n writting skill from day to day..what have i over throuh these couple of week,i think the activity what our lecturer had made for us is good to build our self confidence and improve communications skills to audience...i have learn a lot of thing about presentation and i hope i will get more than that after this...thank you..

Ahmad Shawal bin Md.Zan

EC08123

ashraf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kyouraku said...

Hello everyone... did you know that i'm a person that very very nervous when i'm standing at stage. But, after i read the article, finally i found a way to overcome my problem. Think positive...this is the key. During presentation just think "i'm perfect person"..."i have confidence" .."my friends like me"..and then you will finish the presentation with full mark, and miss marziah will smile with satisfied.....Gracias

ashraf said...

assalamualaikum...
firstly,I wants to thanks everyone that helps me in these activities...
secondly,these activities was really help me to become more confident and avoid self-destructive...
lastly,the preparation is always important befora doing any kind of activities...it may help us to cultivate a calm and relax body before a presentations...tq

from,
mohamad ashraf bin bonyamin
ec08078

Anonymous said...

heLLo...
SpEaking on tHe stagE-NgEe~
eVeryOnE haTe it inCluding Me!Self confidencE waS very imPortant but TheRe weRe not sO many peoPle can haVe iT whiLe stAndiNg in FroNt of the aUdience..it`s not eaSy to geT it.

Hayati husiN (e08)
ec08020

Unknown said...

hello...
firstly i really hate to speaking in front of audience...but all activities you do is give change for me to prefer and practice to speak also get confident to speak...but i not have self confidence yet hehehe :p..

zakuan said...

salam....firstly, i wants to thank to everyone who support me to do the presentation...i was learned new skill to be a good presenter...secondly, these activities teaches me to be more confident on stage...lastly, i hope one day i can remove all of my nervous when speaks in front a lot of people...salam


from,
muhammad zakuan
ec08062

matnoi89 said...

actually,the activity was very good and help me a lot in overcoming stage fright...it also remind me about the first time I was presenting in stage..at that time,I was so unconfident and shaking so hard..It was quite funny when I think about it..but,this activity change my perception in presenting in front the others,and make me more confident to step out from the past and become the new me..thanks