CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Overcoming Stage Fright! (C13)

Hi, guys! We have done so many activities and presentations. We share stories, ideas and we even laugh together! For instances, we did Human Sculpture, Alien & Translator, Tales of Sounds (story telling using sounds) etc. And what can I say? You guys are so great and so creative!

So, being in front of the class and to conduct a presentation is not an easy task. Some of us would still have butterflies in our tummies when it comes to presentation or sweat when they need to go on stage and present. So how can we beat our stage fright forever?

To learn on how to beat the stage fright, goes to http://stagefrighthelp.com/labels/stage%20fright.html and read up on ways to overcome presentation anxieties. Based on what you have read on that page:

1)discuss what ways (provided in the page) would be helpful for you and give comment about it.

Happy reading!

29 soul(s) who dare to be different comments:

Anonymous said...

good evening to everyone..


I get a lots of advantages from activities that I have done in the class.. from the ice-breaking activities. I learn to focus and alert for something ..besides,this activities can gain my confident.. actually I was fear to stand in front but I try to do my best.I hope after this I can talk confidently... I can reduce my shy character too..I also can learn about the members in my class and it make our relationship are closed..I learn something that newso it make I enjoy to do this activities..
I think this activities Or lesson interesting and make me
more interested to do again and again..

nurul nazera.. cb08081 C13

Anonymous said...

hai everyone..
I already read the artical in http://stagefrighthelp.com/labels/stage%20fright.html. I agree with the artical.there are few ways to overcome the stage fright.

Firstly we must be confident.Just pretend that we are extremely confident and we will achieve the confident level that is needed.We can also examine trhe strength and achivement that we have to make us feel more confident

Then always be positive.Think the happy thoughts angd drive away negativities.

Beside that always be prepared.We should really know the topic that we want to delivered to the audience and make sure our speech suitvle for the audience.

Lastly we have to stay calm.In this way we should examine the roots of fears and try to change or fix it.

Ameerah Muhsinah
CB08113

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum..hello to everyone out there..i'm glad to post a little comment here..these are what i would like to say..

~thanks to all my classmates and miss marziah for supporting and encouraging me all these days
~all the activities that we had gone through brought us closer..which is important for us to cooperate as a group to achieve our goal here at ump
~and i also realised that my stage fright is reducing day by day..which,for me,i think that it is good..
~so,let us together give our full support to all the activities which had been planned for us..

thank you..
sincerely,
waniey(*^.^*)
CB08067

Anonymous said...

Assalamualiakum..... To all readers and especially to Pn. Marziah.


I found this article in http://www.stagefrighthelp.com/Public-Speaking-Survival-Tips.php
about how to overcome your stage fright and I think it's really helping me a lot. Before I'm doing a presentation or come out in front of people to talk, acting or else, I always afraid, nervous and think negatively. I also can get the symptom like butterflies in tummy and shaky voice. After I read up that article, I learn that it’s always important to stay calm and relax. Take a few deep breaths before you start. Then, you need to be 100% confident about yourself. Even you not fully confident, just fake it. Lastly, a practice also needed to overcome stage fright. Like people say, practice makes perfect. Doing a practice can make your presentation going smooth and looks natural. I think these 3 points is really important and hopefully can help me and others to overcome stage fright.

NUR HAZIRA BT HAMZAH
C13

Anonymous said...

What do I feel after do my presentation?
Of course it is too relief and i'm so happy because for me, I've done it better than before this. Miss Marziah had teach me a lot on how to overcome stage fright. For me, the important things is do not panic and enjoy the presentation as a speaker. Nice slide show, enough preparation to speak and always involve the audience will make our presentation become something that we can proud of.
So, just enjoy the task as a speaker and no more stage fright..:)

Anonymous said...

hey everyone....
good everning...
I had already read the article in http://stagefrighthelp.com/labels/stage%20fright.html it very usefull to me as student to improve me during the next presentations.I agree of the self confidence topic. because i also dont know where my strengths and my weaknesses. i think i dont afraid to become a presenter but when i going infront to present, i feel so nervous and my hand had shaking. So i think, love yourself and examine yourself very important that you can know about yourself than your friend..

Anonymous said...

hey everyone....
good everning...
I had already read the article in http://stagefrighthelp.com/labels/stage%20fright.html it very usefull to me as student to improve me during the next presentations.I agree of the self confidence topic. because i also dont know where my strengths and my weaknesses. i think i dont afraid to become a presenter but when i going infront to present, i feel so nervous and my hand had shaking. So i think, love yourself and examine yourself very important that you can know about yourself than your friend..

Tengku nurnadia
CB08052

Anonymous said...

huhu!!
this presentation are not easy as i think..
everythings is lost in front of my friends!!!
huh!
but there is many things that i had learn..
such as:i should not take too many info in my slide,but only take a point..or else,i will read it!!huh!

Anonymous said...

nadiah :)

Stage fright?Yes I have a stage fright.Hehe well it is very...
very...stressful to go infront and speak.But in here I learn to be more flexible and do the best as I can :).Besides, I tend to know my strength and weakness.

-huZiRa- said...

Assalamualaikum...
Hi everybody!
I have read the article...Yeah, it is true for sure. Well, acctually I love presenting..I start to conduct an assembly since I was in standard 5. From there, I learnt to speak in front of crowd and I have overcomed my stage fright. However, I don't deny that sometimes I do feel nervous. However, presenting or speak in front of crowd is an opportunity for peoples to know us and also to build our confident. So, why must we waste that opportunity? Grab it and make yourself comfortable...Till I write again...See yeah!

Shakirah Binti Saidin
CB08034

Anonymous said...

hello everyone...peace!!

From the previous lesson i got a lot of information and new knowledge.I learn more how to built my self confident and also improve my speaking.Besides that,it encourage me to be able to speak in front of public.I really enjoy all the activities that i have done together with my friends.Actually everyone is nervous to talk or giving a speech but we must try first before we give up..

NURULHUDA BT ZAINAL
CB08059

Anonymous said...

salam...
Hello everyone..(^.^)

I just want to post a little comment about our previous activities....

Honestly, i really enjoy with the all activities that we have done. Also, make me more confident and improve my knowledge... I also learn how to cooperate with my friend.

That's all...

Farhah Bte Mohd Sajari
(CB08063)

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum...
hye to everyone...

now, i like to post my comment about some activities that we have done.....

fristly....
i want to wish thanks a lot to my beloved lecturer, miss Marziah Ramli...to all my friends especially to my close friends(wanie,farha and huda) because give me support to do this activities...thank so much...

secondly....
i learn more knowledge n information to do the work in one team...and know how to cooperate as a group when to do something...

actually,im a shy person..
im so afraid to give a speech in front of them....but when you teach me...and ge me a support and some advised..i can be more confident to do it...although..in my previosly study,im really hated the english subject...so now i hope i can score more things and enjoy to do more activities...
so i think this activities so interesting...

lastly...thanks so much...
smile always...=)

nurul ain ramli (",)
(cb08069)

Anonymous said...

hye everyone..

I already read article about the stage fright and self confident..It is a good article..for me it is difficult to talk in front audience .. because I'm feel very nervous in the stage .. actually I am a shy person.. .. but I try to do my best when present.. so I agreed what the author said that we can try to look the mirror.. sometimes I do this way. it is a good way to gain my confident and I like very much..besides its gain my spirit to talk more..I also can learn the new English words that I never use before this..And then I ca learn how to pronunciaton very well..so it is enjoyable activities..
think positive is a good attitude must have of presenter..when we present mostly our friends or audience laugh to you. so the best thing to do is think positive and ignore what our friends said.. .It can avoid the onfident lost but make someone talk cofidently..so I also agreed what the author said about to think positive..so that all for mee..

see you in next comment..
sorry .. my Enlish is broken..
thanx miss marziah..
I like your class..

NURUL NAZERA BT AZMI.. C13

Anonymous said...

Hye everyone..

I already read article about the stage fright and self confident..It is a good article..For me it is difficult to talk in front audience. Because I’m feel very nervous in the stage.. Actually I am a shy person.. .. But I try to do my best when present. So I agreed what the author said that we can try to look the mirror.. Sometimes I do this way. It is a good way to gain my confident and I like very much..Besides its gain my spirit to talk more..I also can learn the new English words that I never use before this..And then I can learn how to pronunciation very well..So it is enjoyable activities..
Think positive is a good attitude must have of presenter. When we do the presentation mostly our friends or audience laugh to you. So the best thing to do is think positive and ignore what our friends said.. .It can avoid the confident lost but make someone talk confidently. .So I also agreed what the author said about to think positive..So that’s all for me.

See you in next comment..
Sorry my English is broken..
Thanks miss marziah..
I like your class..

NURUL NAZERA BT AZMI.. C13

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum........

HAi guys......i think i'm a bit late to comment on this topic.But this topic it looks intresting to me.And i want to share to all of you on how i overcome my stage fright....

*For those who know me well they will know that i'm not a person who love to speak infront.But don't let me start it because once i have start it , it will non stop.So,back to the topic,stage fright...Emmmm...something that everyone have this kind of problem. Not just only me but even our prime minister also have the same feeling about it.Let me share with you whats my teacher had told me to do before you be on the stage.

*For the muslim just read any 'surah' that you know.Then take adeep breath for 3 or 4 times to make your heart a little cool down.It is important to do it because once you get too nervous all the things that you have remember will get lost just in one second.
*Don't be too over confident...When you are at the stage just think that you only see all the people just wear a swimmng suit or bikini..I know it sounds silly but it really works, because from there you will feel funny and in other way it will cool down your nervous....

* I think thats it for now...Try it or you will never know.....( ",)

Anonymous said...

with the name of Allah....

huhuhu..i really late to give comment on this topic but this blog didn't have any expire date right?hahaha...This activity has clearly shown particularly me on how to expose myself.I believe that to give a speech is not on how much your natural talent but it is about PRACTISE!! So the main point is to practise and always practise.i will practise much more to be good in deliver speech..insya'ALLAH..


Lastly,this activity is quite challenging for those that hated to perform in front of the audience like me hehehe..

Anonymous said...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ASSALAMUALAIKUM TO ALL!! (EXCLUDE ON-MUSLIMS)

I dun know wat can I say in this topic, but surely I want share my experience in this topic.

when say come in front @ come ti the stage, surely the non-confident person shaking like earthquake! I also like that at 1st time.

but day by day from what I've learned I can control myself and look confident if go in front.
my tips is do as usual, don't to fear with thje audience, but fear with what our presentation that success @ not!

there many tips I do but the left such as nonsense thing to share!! :p

OK!
till we meet again!

see ya!! ^_^


<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Anonymous said...

hello and assalamualaikum

overcome stage fright. It's sound easy right? Actually, giving a talk in front of people is not a piece of a cake task. You must brave enough to stand, talk and smile. Some people (including ME) will be stammered and shivered as they get to the front and start to speak.

But in this subject it teach us especially me to fight with the fright inside of our minds. I love the quote from Miss Marziah..

"Be yourself. Be confident of yourself because it makes you becomes YOU."

Thanks Miss Marziah..!
- Happy Eidilfitri-

Anonymous said...

hello..

i have done so many presentations since i at school, matric..
but im still nervous to stand at the front and talking about some topic that i present..
for more time to time i have learn something that when we doing presentation we must know overall about what we presents..
its is because we can talking about all the topic, we no need to memories that..
and i more thing we can present that confident.. and the people who listening to you believe what are you talking about..

tengku nurnadia bt tengku majani
cb08052

Anonymous said...

hello..

as you all know that the author said that practice presentations in front at the mirror..
i practice that..
and its useful for me because when i presentations inform at the community
i said to myself that the people in front of me its the mirror..
i also control my body, my eye and also my voice not to lough and not to soft..

keep practice..
make your self confident..

tengku nurnadia bt tengku majani
cb08052

Anonymous said...

hello..

i`m very sorry that if my language are broken..

i`m still learning..

i`m so sorry...

sorry miss marziah...

tengku nurnadia bt tengku majani
cb08052

Anonymous said...

hello Miss..
Don't Be Sad
.The book is about the happiness. One of the chapter I read today is all that you have.When you wake up in the morning, do not expect to see the evening live as though today is all that you have. Yesterday has passed with its good and evil, while tomorrow has not yet arrived. Your life's span is but one day, as if you were born in it and will die at the end of it. With this attitude, you will not be caught between an obsession over the past, with all its anxieties, and the hopes of the future, with all its uncertainty. Live for today: During this day you should pray with a wakeful heart, recite the Qur'an with understanding, and remember Allah with sincerity. In this day you should be balanced in your affairs, satisfied with your allotted portion, concerned with your appearance and health.Organize the hours of this day, so that you make years out of minutes and months out of seconds. Seek forgiveness from your Lord, remember Him, prepare for the final parting from your house and your station in life.`Today is my only day' is one of the most important statements in the dictionary of happiness, for those who desire to live life in its fullest splendor and brilliance.

nurul nazera bt azmi
cb08081

Anonymous said...

Studies Show Fajr Prayer is Healthy.Lets talk about that.Certainly sleep is one of the blessings from Allah. At the end of a busy day a person looks forward to sleeping and regaining enough energy for the next day. Sleep is also important for good health and safety reasons. However, studies vary as to how much sleep is enough. Some studies claim 8-10 hours is a requirement for everyone. However, the Prophet Mohammad used to sleep very few hours in the night and used part of the night for prayer. Recent studies confirm that this may actually be healthier for some people.
Sleep is important for health and safety reasons. Lack of sleep can lead to mental illness, relationship problems, absence from work and even traffic accidents.
nurul nazera bt azmi
cb08081
c13

Anonymous said...

first of all i want said sorry because late comment for this month blogging....


act,i want share something that i learn from all the activities that we hove done.....
from all the activities that we learn....i can saw that we are getting more closed....

besides that,we also can get know our great teacher,miss marziah....
it is such a beautiful dream to get know with miss who very kind,understanding and sporting....

act,there are a lots thing i want to share with you all.....

but that all cannot be repesent with word only....just...we can see now.....

Anonymous said...

me again???

for this comment i want share about my changed on all this program....i also can see that i become more confident person....
i become more brave to talk to all people....from all this activities, i know about the meaning of relationship..... i also know about meaning of helping attitude and so on.....

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum.....
Hii everyone!!!!

I really enjoy with this activity 'Stage Fright' that we have done..

Actually it is not easy to talk in front the audiences...
But i try my best...

This activity is use full for me...
It make me more confident to talk and improve my grammar...

I love so much this activity...

Anonymous said...

stage fright??

yes..i am one of person that have this kind of 'disease'..hehe..since i was kid,i do not like to be a center of attention.sometimes,i will think that it is better if people not realize my presence.i don't know why,but i kept thinking this until i got into my secondary school.when i was in form 4,my homeroom teacher told me to be brave and have confidence in myself.i practised to be like she told,and i tried my best to make she proud of me.so,i laways volunteer myself to present in front of my classmates in class.

but unfortunately,i still feel scare to talk in front of public.and i still work on it until i get what i want and what my last homeroom teacher when i was form 4 want.wish me best of luck,guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!!
Stage fright is a usual thing among us right?
But still it is not good for us.
So, how we want to overcome this feelings?
Like Miss had thought in our class, be confident.
To increase our confident level, we need to try to spend some time in front of a mirror and talk in English to ourselves.
These would help us to improve our vocabulary as well.
So, hope we will together overcome our stage fright together.
Good luck!!

SITI NUR AZWANI BT MD.ISMAIL(CB08067)