CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

UHl2312: The Finale (E08)

“Every day I shall put my papers in order and every day I shall say farewell. And the real farewell, when it comes, will only be a small outward confirmation of what has been accomplished within me from day to day.”
~Etty Hillesum~

I really don’t like to say goodbye. But now we almost come to the end of this semester, well, we need one last post to conclude all our experiences throughout the semester, aren’t we?

For me, this semester is really hectic. Time is running fast and fast. But all the struggles seem worth a while when I see you in class. Especially when we laugh together (or at each other hahaha ). For me, it was a great experience teaching all of you – bach of students who are always punctual, unique, creative and amusing in your own way.

So, ‘been there and done that’ what are the things that you like about this course?
Are there any interesting activities or games that that you really enjoy in class?
Did you gain any valuable lesson that you learnt not only in the module but through out your interaction with your classmates, teacher and friends?

Feel free to spill the beans.

“Auf wiedersehen!”

23 soul(s) who dare to be different comments:

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum wbt...

hi everyone...

First and foremost, I would like to thank my wonderful English lecturer, Miss Marziah who had taught us for this semester.

I really enjoy to be in your class because there are so much fun and activities. In fact, u had gave us many kind of benefial information which is very useful in our daily life.

The Tell Me More is a part of activities from my Technical English course. It’s a good beginning to improve my language skills. From this subject I learn a lot of types to build my grammar and skill such as to present in front the audience. It’s also teaching me about the right intonation. Each part from tell me more have a some difficult for me, but I try the best to finish my task.

By the way, good luck to all my fellow friends in your final exam next week and all the best..
GambAteh!!!

MOHAMAD FAKHRUDIN SULAIMAN MUSTAHIM
EC 08120
E08

Anonymous said...

HIMALAYAS

Hi all, today i would like to tell u about The Himalayas mountain.
The Himalayas is a mountain in Asia, separating the Indian subcontinent from the Tibetan Plateau. The Himalayan mountain s is the planet's highest and home to the world's highest peaks: the Eight-thou sanders, including Mount Everest (Nepal/Tibet) and K2 Pakistan’s (Northern Areas). The scale of this mountain range consider that Aconcagua, in the Andes, at 6,962 m, is the highest peak outside Asia, while the Himalayan system includes over 100 mountains exceeding 7,200 meters.[2]
The Himalayan system, which includes outlying sub ranges, stretches across six countries: Bhutan, Tibet, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Afghanistan. They are the source of three of the world's major river systems, the Indus, the Ganga-Brahmaputra, and the Yangtze. It is known that 1.3 billion people live in the drainage basin of the Himalayan Rivers.
The range proper runs west to east, from the Indus river valley to the Brahmaputra river valley, thereby forming an arc 2,400 km long, which varies in width from 400 km in the western Kashmir-Xinjiang region to 150 km in the eastern Tibet-Arunachal Pradesh region. The Himalaya chain consists of three parallel ranges, with the northern-most range known as the Great or Inner Himalayas.

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalaya
posted by Muhammad syarifuddin bin rahmat.

Anonymous said...

MUMMY

Hello again all, today i want to tell you about mummy. Maybe its sound spooky and scarry, but you don't have to worry because it is just a knowledge for us. A mummy is a corpse which skin and flesh have been preserved by chemicals, extreme cold, very low humidity, or lack of air when bodies are submerged in bogs. Mummies of humans and other animals have been found all over the world, both as a result of natural preservation through unusual conditions, and as cultural artifacts to preserve the dead. I think that is all. Thank you.

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummy
posted by Muhammad syarifuddin bin rahmat.

Anonymous said...

PYRAMID

Hi all, today I want to talk about pyramid. I think some of you know and some of you don't know the pyramid. A pyramid is a building where the upper of the surfaces are triangular and converge on one point. The base of pyramids is usually quadrilateral or trilateral, means that a pyramid usually has three or four sides.
A pyramid's design, with the majority of the weight closer to the ground, means that less material higher up on the pyramid will be pushing down from above. This allowed the early people the time pyramid was made to create stable monumental structures. For thousands of years, the largest structures on earth were pyramids. The pyramid first is the Red Pyramid in the Dashur Necropolis and then the Great Pyramid of Khufu, the only remains pyramid of the world. The largest pyramid ever built, by volume, is the Great Pyramid of Cholula, in the Mexican state of Puebla. This pyramid is known as the largest monument ever constructed anywhere in the world.

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid
posted by Muhammad syarifuddin bin rahmat.

Anonymous said...

SMOKING

Hello all, today I would talk about smoking. Smoking is a practice where a substance, most commonly tobacco, is burned and the smoke tasted. This is primarily done as a form of drug use, as combustion releases the active substances in drugs such as nicotine and makes them available for absorption through the lungs. It can also be done as a part of rituals, to induce trances and spiritual enlightenment. The most common method of smoking today is through cigarettes, primarily industrially manufactured but also hand rolled from loose tobacco and rolling paper. Other forms, though not as common, are pipes, cigars, hookahs and bongs.
Smoking is one of the most common forms of recreational drug use. Tobacco smoking is today by far the most popular form of smoking and is practiced by over one billion people in the majority of all human societies. Less common drugs for smoking include cannabis and opium. Most drugs that are smoked are considered to be addictive. Some of the substances are classified as hard narcotics, like heroin and crack cocaine, but the use of these is very limited as they are often not commercially available.
The history of smoking can be dated to as early as 5000 BC, and has been recorded in many different cultures across the world. Early smoking evolved in association with religious ceremonies example as offerings to deities, in cleansing rituals or to allow shamans and priests to alter their minds for purposes of divination. After the European exploration and conquest of the Americas, the practice of smoking tobacco quickly spread to the rest of the world.

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking
posted by Muhammad syarifuddin bin rah rahmat.

Anonymous said...

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Hi all, I think some of you knows who is Albert Einstein. He is one of the famous people in the world. Albert Einstein (14 March 1879 – 18 April 1955) was born in German. He is best known for his theory of relativity and specifically mass–energy equivalence, E = mc², the most famous equation of the twentieth century. Einstein received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics for his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect. Einstein published over 300 scientific works and over 150 non-scientific works. Einstein is revered by the physics community, and in 1999 Time magazine named him the "Person of the Century". In wider culture the name "Einstein" has become synonymous with genius.

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein
posted by Muhammad syarifuddin bin rahmat.

Anonymous said...

Askum, what can I conclude about of this semester especially for this subject, technical English, i feel so enjoy at every class because of the skills of the miss teach the class. I’m so appreciate your effort miss when teach our class although our class is sometime so stubborn, but you still come to class and teach the class. Actually, at the first time class, I feel so bored and stupid because I think why I must doing the ice breaking like children but I in a university. But, after a few that, I’m so appreciating what the miss doing because without the ice breaking, maybe I do not know who my classmate is until know. Besides that, I like to attend miss class because your class is not bored and many activities you have done to prevent our class is become bored. Anyway, I want thanks to miss because many things that I have learn and I will practice it when needed. Thank you miss….. sory teacher, i forgot my password, so i send all my comment under the anonymous.
Posted by Muhammad syarifuddin bin rahmat.

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum…
First of all, I would like to give my full apologize if I have done anything wrong along your class. I really hope you will accept that. Within your class section, I got a lot of knowledge. Thanks a lot. What I can conclude here is I really sure I got all your knowledge and information that you gave to us. To me, we must have a full of confident and brave to talk in English. Now I feel it and I have that confident to talk in English to all. Other than that, your games were much helped me to build my confident and skill level. We love it. I’m comfortable with your teaching skills. Last but not list, I would like to say thank you so much for teaching and helping us in English subject from time to time. I really hope one day I will speak English fluently like you. Thank you so much.

AHMAD SHAWAL BIN MD. ZAN
EC08123

matnoi89 said...

Assalamualikum everybody,

Wow! It has been the most enjoyable and an unforgettable moment in this semester Technical English. Thanks to our dedicated lecture, Miss Marziah. From deep in my heart, I truly enjoy coming to her class and gain lots of information that will help me in my studies.

Although the first class we were a bit of shy, but miss manage to make us fill happy and enjoy the game. After that, class on the overcoming the stage fright and the presentation really give the big impact to me and my friends. From my observation, most of my friends can handle their presentation very well, and can talk confidently.

Another new experience that I’ve gain is, posting comment and blogging. Ever since I knew how to use a computer and internet, this is the first time that I do blogging. Posting comment is quite enjoyable because we can post something that we have read and also giving our own opinion.

Lastly, I also want to seek apology to Miss Marziah if I heart your filling while in class, and to the other friends. Thank you.

MUHAMMAD NIZAMUDDIN BIN AHMAD LOTFI

zul said...

Finale 2008 for E08

First and foremost, i would like to say my gratitude to our beloved Miss Marziah for teaching us for this semester.

My comments on our course UHL2312-it is fun, enjoyable and informative. it is fun and enjoyable cause Miss Marziah with us for this semester. Hopefully, we will met again for next semester.

Learn english is differ than learning others engineering subjects. English is one of language in the world. The international language that had been accepted for past few decades.

Learn english without daily usage would be nothing. That all from me.

I would like to take advantage in this comments to express my forgiveness for things i had done, for the words i had spoken. if it hurts any feeling, please forgive me. To Miss, Thank You very much.

Zulfadhli
Ec08070

zul said...

pls comment with full of honesty...
honesty is the best policy

+Pari_Pari kEciL+ said...

hello..(^-^)

first of all,thanks a lot to Miss Marziah who teachs us this semester.You are really great teacher..(no doubt..hehe)
before,since i was in secondary schoool,English Class so bored..(bored to death)but now it changed a lot..!!
During this semester class,i have learnt so many things,its not just about grammar,presentation skill,and writting but i have learnt some about friendship,teamwork,and so many interesting thing..thanks again to miss marziah.
last but not least,i want to apologize for all the mistake that i did during the class..(especially when i skipped the clas..jaja..(^-^)


hayati bt husin
Ec08020
E08

hafizly said...

hello there,

as a good start, i would like to greet one of us here..i guess this is the finale isn't it...

for my one and only ms.marziah..i am so privileged t o be one of your student..i am really glad..i am improvise myself little by little..thanks to you..i owe you loads..

i really enjoy during your class..it is full of laughs and noises of course..but still,i managed to catch up..

i am taking this opportunity to apologize to you if i'm being the black sheep of the class..

thank you and i think i'm going to miss you...

Unknown said...

Assalamulaikum...

Firstly, I would likes to give thankful to our teacher, Miss Marziah binti Ramli because of she, my English skill was improved from before…Besides that, I was grateful to became her student for this semester.
I was very enjoyable to attend her class although on Friday evening.Honestly, first impression to miss at first class, I was very scared to miss because of her eyes…Her eyes is very fierce for me… But after day by day, I think miss is a very friendly and kind to her student. After that, I'm not scare to her anymore, but I was very respect to miss. Thank for everything miss did to us and me from first class until now.

That all...

Farhan
EC08090

siti nur ain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
siti nur ain said...

Assalamualaikum
Alhamdulillah, finally we are here. I knew that I need to post many comments but yet I can not done it very well. For me, doing this blogging is really fun because we can give comments to others' opinion or thoughts. Unfortunately, I only have posted a few comments due to the internet connection and lack of reading the article. It is my fault too because not posting the blog during the class hour. That is enough. Now, I would like to say thank you to Miss Marziah and also my apology with what I have done all this while. I am really enjoying the class but not when you gave us the hard tasks. Hahaha. Hope to see you teaching us again.

SITI NUR AIN BINTI ABDUL KADIR
EC08061
E08

kyouraku said...

Assalamualaikum...

Technical English...of course it is about English, about speaking or whatever with English. From child, during English class session, my heart will beat faster, i become nervous, i feel like suddenly i want run away from English class and go back to home. But, all this feeling disappears when i am in technical English class. For me, I’m not just study English during this class, i also know how to make a correct path in my life, what is about youth life, friendship and the most important things is about happiness with my teacher and friend. I always skip this class especially after holiday break, but my heart and soul still with all my E08 friends and my teacher Miss Marziah. Lastly, i want to say sorry for everything i have done if i had anything wrong to you Miss Marziah.

FADZLAN (class rep)

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum

First of all, I would like to thanks to our lecturer, Miss Marziah for taught us this semester . The activities that have done during the class is very meaningful it not just learn how to improve our English skills but also the friendship and how to work as a teamwork. I feel happy and so enjoyable in this class from the beginning until the end. Lastly, thanks again and I want to apologies for everything that I have done something wrong to you miss Marziah.

mohd salfarulizaman
ec08089

billy the shoe maker said...

Assalamualaikum

Finally, this maybe the very last time I post a comment for Technical English.First of all, I want to say that I am very enjoy and lucky to have you as our Teacher, Miss. You are the the best.

I also feel very happy doing activities with my friend in the class. They are so funny and makes the class enjoyable from beginning until the end.I love when we all done the exhibition till the late night. It was so tired because my group has to wait for a long time.

About this class, I think you are success to manage the class well. We all felt happy and you always make an activities to make us not bored. In my class I also learn many think from my classmate and we doing the Tell Me More together. This is a good memory for me in this Technical English class.

Finally, I would like to apologize to you Miss for everything that I have done. I really appreciate what you have thought us. I hope Miss can be our teacher again.
I miss you Miss.

Thank you.

MUHAMAD SYAFIQ BIN KADIRAN
EC08048
E 08

Anonymous said...

hi there..

for the first time i came to ump...
i feel sad...
why??
i don't know..
but..
after i meet friends especially with my classmate...
i feel happy...
then, i meet one of my favourite teacher...
Miss Marziah...
she's beautiful..
like an angel..=)
she teach me a lot..
makes me better in english..
even she likes to pick on me,
scold me sometimes..
i don't care..
i know she want me to be a better man...
Miss...
i know i'm not a good person..
sorry for everything what i have done..
i really miss u..


Muhammad Khairulazwan
ec08041

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum and very pleasant day to miss Marziah Ramli.First and foremost,I would like to say a lot of thanks to miss for all the knowledge that you had been teaching us in this semester that we had spent the time together through the sad and joy. I am feeling very joyful when doing the activities in the class but at the same time, i am feeling nervous to do it too.haha..
About the blog, i can't help it. That is my fault for not.Making it done.However, you are truly the best.Lastly, wish me the very best of luck for my final exam.Always miss you...


NOR NAJIHA BINTI ABDUL MUNIR
EC08115

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum...
finally,the time has comes..i am feels the same with others..sad to leave the sweet and joy able moment in Technical english class teach by amazing english lecturer, miss marziah. this class is the most enjoyable class and i hope to see miss again in other English class in the future as our english lecturer again. im seeking for apology if there is my words who agonizing your heart...
sayonara....~

nurul aini norizan
ec08110

Anonymous said...

i want to thanks a lot to miss marziah because teach me lot in order to improve my english skills and techniques.
TELL ME MORE helps me a lot in order to improve my grammar and my pronounce technique. its interesting and important to beginner like me to learn more about english. those activities that i've done in class or out of class, i enjoy it. its a new thing and a new experience in my study technique. after i learn this course, i realize that if you want to success, you should try and try until you get what you want. not give up! give up is should not even exist in your mind when you study because it will affect you in study.
thanks to Miss coz teach me a lot and thanks to friends coz help me a lot in my study. hope you do you bes in final exam.. fighting!!

~EC08114~