CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

C14: Guess??

Hello guys!

Let's talk about the music video that we have watched in class. Have you ever watched it before?

I think the music video is so artistic and full of riddles. Haha. I’m still scratching my head though.

What about you?

Can you guess the reason why the first man is lying on the sidewalk? He said something to the people, right? But what is it? Why everyone is laying on the ground after he explains it?


In your opinion, what’s the message that this music video tries to convey? Why do you say so?

Hmm..

Dare to guess?

Let’s hear from you!

14 soul(s) who dare to be different comments:

Anonymous said...

hi~

I think that the music video bring a strong message to us. Personally, I have no idea at all what the man that lying on ground said to them but for me what he says doesn’t matter. The thing that attracts me is the effect it has on the people who hear it. That is the important part.

He had a good reason for lying there, and don't feel like telling them why because he didn’t want to put them through it as well. Because before he said the reason, he ask for God forgiveness and that means that he try to protect the crowd by not telling them and ask them leave him alone. They pressed him to tell, and they paid the price for their curiosity. They did it to themselves too, end up all lying on the ground.

So just be grateful you don’t know, else you will act like them too. For me, there are something you should know and you should don't know because reality hurts. So just pretend nothing happen when met a situation like above, because curiosity kills a cat. HAha =D

Liew Wei Bing
CB08141

Unknown said...

hi..

I think this music video has a little bit question..
This music video is a story about one man that lying on the ground with a very secret reason. When he lying on the ground, there were other one man that hitted him. That man asked him why he lying on the ground. Do you know what he answered? He didn't want anybody to know the reason. Even a police officer asked him, he didn't give a reason. I think maybe this man didn't want others people to lying on the ground like him.

Finally, after a little bit time, the man had told the reason to everybody. What a surprise when others people suddenly follow the man lying on the ground.

My guess is that man want to hear the sound of Earth. Maybe he thought the Earth have make a sound about something like earth destroying.

However, this music video also had inserted caring element. It shows when others people try to help the lying man and lastly support the man.

Thats all and thank you.

Mohd Azfar B Abidin
CB08123

Anonymous said...

Hi... everyone

About that music video of lying people, i think the people which want to say one word or sentence related to everyone at the daily life.

Initial, the people because thinking of something which feel like well, and he just sleep at the street road. So, a person ask for reason why sleep at the road. The people want to prevent said anything bad and say don't ask him anything and just leave him alone.

But, more and more person want to know the reason but the person which sleep at the road still want to keep the word until police come and he decided to tell the word. Before he talk, he ask for forgiveness from God. So, for sure he talk for some bad word.

Conclusion, in my opinion, the word he try to prevent and don't want to tell is some not good word.

Tay Chze Huat
CB08112

Anonymous said...

salam n hai to everyone

i know all of us had been headache to think about the video clip that had shown by miss marziah..arghhh...miss!huhhuhu

anyway, i want to comment about the video...in my opinion, the video is all about religious. the man that was laying down on the ground had been think about his sins and then he regret it. he felt so guilty and so weakness when he think about it.when other people ask him, he tell about it to the others. that's why all people's were laying down.

that's all what i think about the video..hahaha..

Anonymous said...

hi.. and a very good morning to all..

in my humble opinion about the music video, is that, I cannot really understand what the singer was trying to deliberate the message to the viewer. Not only that, the lyrics wasn't clear to be understandable by the viewer. Also. what's wrong with the singer?? Does he really need to sing like that?

OK, enough bout the singer. Let's move on to the topic. I'm guessing that the reason the man lying on the ground because he had been dreaming about God the night before and something about the God is scaring him. I believe it's all about religious in the music video. Who in the world that doesn't afraid to their own God. And that's all i think...

Miss, i'll be waiting for the real answer.


NORFARAAIN WAGIMAN
C14
CB08121

azhani said...

Hye everyone!!

Miss Marziah, why you give us hard video to be described??hehe..=)

I really don't understand what he told the others and make all people around him do the same thing like he did, laying on the street!!ahaks..weird!

I personally think that he just want to release tension and feel relax by looking at the sky and look people around him, walk away and go on with their life. We as a human got a lot of problem. Maybe this is the best way that man got and he feel better by doing this. So, when he tell the others, they do the same thing to feel relax like him. Perhaps=)haha..

I think better I stop here before more nonsense idea come out from my mind=)bye2..

Nur Azhani Bt Rosly
CB08090

fifa said...

Assalamualaikum..
Hye everyone…

Same like everyone, I am also don’t understand what the video is described about.hehehe. miss Marziah why this video is difficult to understand??..hehehe..

Actually, when I look the singer sing the song, firstly I think why he sing the song like that??..hehehe..what he want to show and expressed it?.. I feel dizzy look he sing that song like ‘crazy’ people.huhuhu..
For me, I think this video is about he did not share anything what he hear or know to other people. This is because he did not want any people sympathy or get trouble when he let know the truth. He want himself only get hurts and did not want other people burden with his problems. But the people that meet him force him tell the reason why he lying on the ground. After he had been pushed by the people to tell the truth, finally, he tells the reason. Suddenly, the other people follow the man lying on the ground as a respect for the reason what he tell them.

From this video, I also think that the other people are very kind and try to help the man that lying on the ground. Although they did not know who is him, they try so hard to help him and finally lying together to give him some a support.

I feel I want to stop now. So, hopefully the truth about this video ‘guess’ will come out. Hehehe…

Wassalam..

Nor’ Afifah bt. Mohd Isa
CB08117

alia said...

Assalamualaikum…

Honestly, I had no idea what are the messages from the music video.

I caught some lyrics from that song, ‘Do it to you yourself…’ Actually, I am not really sure about the lyrics themselves. For sure, I did not know what it means. But from my point of view, maybe the singer wants the people who hear his song to do what the lyrics said. That is why the man laid on the road in the video. When the people asked him the reason why, he did not want them to know.

But for some reasons, maybe, he told them why he was lying on the road. And the result was, all the people that surrounded him took the same action, laying on the road. When I saw that, I thought the man did not tell the truth to those people because he does not want them to take the same action like he did.

That is all what I can think about the video. I tried to come out with something that totally related to the video, but I cannot because I am clueless, haha …=)

Noor Alia binti Nordin
CB08062

Nur Amirah Binti Ramlan (CB08103) said...

Assalammualaikum...

hihihih...how yea wanna to comment this movie?

Actually i really not understand the movie is really about.But i love to look the view of the point in there because its look very classic.Eventhough,i didn't understand the lyrics because the songs is not very clear,but i like the themes of the song.

From my point of view,i think maybe the guy lying on the ground because have something there that make the guy lying on the ground.When he told the others people but the others people don't believed it and when all the people walk in the road,they also become lying on the road on the sport.

hahaha...i don't know what i should talk about anymore..because i blurs suddenly...hiiii...

Unknown said...

Assalammualaikum and Hi..

Like the other, I also have difficulty to guess this 'Guess' video.
Personally, I think the 'he' in this song was did something bad. Even he was given three chances but he still didn't changes. Then he was hanging round because the other feeling guilty.
In this clip video, I think the guy was lie down on the groud because he feel guilty and ask for forgiveness. The others also lie down together with him because want to ask for forgiveness for him..
That's what I think.Actually, I also dont have any idea what happen to the guy, I hope to know the answer soon.
Thank you.

AIDATUL NADIA BT AHMAD
CB08107

aqilah said...

Hi everyone...

About the video, I am going to come up with my own idea about it. And I am not sure the real one.

From my opinion, I think the man who lying on the ground is trying to kept his secret without telling the others. Everyone try to help but he refused. He just wanted to keep it by himself.

Maybe, it is related to the real world. First, in certain time not everything can be shared with other people. Second, there will be some time when people may think that we do something's strange but the true is only we know what we are doing. Third, something that we do and it looks strange by other people is not impossible to be done by other people. According to the video, at last everyone is lying on the ground like the what the man did.

That's all.

Ummi 'Aqilah binti Othman
CB08020

Anonymous said...

HO HO HO....HYE EVERYONE..!!!
MUSIC VIDEO JUST BY RADIOHEAD...HMMM...

First time I watched this music video, I can't stop scratching my head same as you miss...hehehe...Personally, I totally agree with you, miss, that the music video is so artistic. Despite of that, I really do not like the singer. He is so annoying for me.

Back to our discussion on guessing why the man and all the peoples lied on the street. In my opinion, I think the man had said that he lied on street because he sick of his life and the surroundings. He fed up with his job, life and of course the busy traffics and noisy environment. Therefore, he lied on the street to show his protest and tiredness. Through these reasons, all the peoples there seem like agree with him. As a result, all of them lied on the street together.

That is all from me. Thank you...

* Miss gives the answer as soon as possible... I'm eager to know the answer...

NURUL RASHEEDAH FATEEN BT RAMLI
CB08122

Sue said...

Assalamualaikum and,
Hello..

The music video really made me scratched my head. Till now, I still have no idea what the message is trying to send to the audiences is. I’ve read through some of my friend comments but no one knows what this video music about. I watched this video music for more than 10times to understand it. Since I was watched the video music, I think the song was nice even its sound weird. As we can see, there have a strange man who is lying on the roadside. In my opinion, that man lying on the spot because he was lonely person. Then, when he walk out from his house to a road, his face shown so stress and serious maybe he stressed doing all the same activities in his life. After a while walking, maybe he just have a sense the presence of God. He cannot hear more so he lying on the sidewalk to hear the God was giving him advices and helping him to solve his problems. Furthermore, one by one people are coming to know why he lying on the sidewalk. When the people heard his unbelievable dialogue, they were shocked and surprised. Beside for they who have a strong trusted of course will afraid the chastisement from God, so the one suitable way was to follow what had been done by him as a result they were all also followed to lie on the sidewalk.

By:Suhaily Hafiza Bt Suparafto (CB08139)

Huda Luna said...

Hello everyone;

It is about a month I had tried to think about this music video message. I do not have any idea why that man lying on the ground and why the singer sang his song like that. But first what I think is maybe that men want to hear the song that was sing by that singer. That why that men ask them all who pushed him why he lying on the ground to leave him alone.

Second, I think that maybe that men prejudice to something that other people did not know about it. He thought that he need to keep the secret from telling to other because he can feel that if he telling everybody, then everyone will lying like him too.

After being forced by people who care with him, then he told the truth and that make everyone lying on the ground like him. But one more thing, this music video brings to us very strong message that is other people care and concern to us if we are in problems.

Seriously, until now I cannot catch the real message for this music video. What just I can say right now is, I think this music video brings good messages to us eventhough the singer sang his song like crazy man on the moon.

By;
Rabi’atul Huda