CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A12: Guess??

Hello guys!

Let's talk about the music video that we have watched in class. Have you ever watched it before?

I think the music video is so artistic and full of riddles. Haha. I’m still scratching my head though.

What about you?

Can you guess the reason why the first man is lying on the sidewalk? He said something to the people, right? But what is it? Why everyone is laying on the ground after he explains it?


In your opinion, what’s the message that this music video tries to convey? Why do you say so?

Hmm..

Dare to guess?

Let’s hear from you!

25 soul(s) who dare to be different comments:

Unknown said...

Helo everyone..

after watched the music video, i was trying to guess what the word that be said by the guy lying on the floor..

I think that guy said after this the law not allowing people have the sleep anymore.. that why people lying on the floor to have sleep enough. hehe~

Another guess, I think that men is demonstration on something and the people who hear what he said, then feel pity and lying together to support him...

Who disagree on me, please reply yours.. surely i cant wait to see what my friend guessing.

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum..


I watched the video clip.. I was wondering how the lyric means to be with the person who is lying down at the side walk..

Plus, the way of vocalist singing actually weird, and it make me sick!!! Why don’t just follow the genre style since it is not too heavy metal if compared with the other rock band? He is a symbol of weirdo. hahaha

When I was listening to the music, I tried to understand every each of word. But, I still blurred. So I watch the video carefully from the start until the end again and again. But the result was the same.

But, I guess the person who is lying at the side walk try to explain that they have to stop their daily routine and start to lie down as well so they can relax for a minute since they have been focused on their carrier for many years. Don’t too serious, as what are you doing will be a burden. Sometimes, you need take some time to relax.

Based on an article that I read just now, people usually do understand what the person tries to tell even though only the movement of the body. I guess it by considering the movement of the person’s lips in that video clip, of course the man who is lying down at the side walk, not the vocalist. But, it is only depends on the way of thinking, whatever your guess is, it is yours. So keep it.

If you want to know more about human, this is the link: http://news.softpedia.com/news/What-Makes-Us-Human-35346.shtml It is my source of information


MOHAMAD NORAHIMAN BIN ABDURAHMAN
KA08124

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum..

I watched the video clip so many times. I try to understand but it is quite difficult. Firstly, I cannot understand what the lyrics and what the vocalist sing. I also cannot understand what is the related between the song and the video clip.

About the guy which is lying on the side walk, I don't know why he did like that. Maybe there is something that make him being like that such as stress or he is in sadness. So, he lied on the side walk to release the stress because we know that, when we are in stress or tension we will do something weird like those guy on the video clip. But why all people doing the same thing like the guy I cannot guess what the guy tell them, so assumed that, the people just follow that guy lying down on the side walk. That is what I am thinking when I watch the video.

SITI NATRAH MUSA
AA08027

HaLawAtUl UkhWaH said...

Assalamualaikum...hello everyone..

About the video that I have been watch in last class..errmm… I really don’t know how to start to comment it. But I will try my best..

Because of I don’t have chances to watch it again, so I just can describe it based on my first view about it. When I watch this video, I cannot understand any single words that come out from the vocalist because I don’t like that song, actually the way the vocalist sings the song. Because of that, I cannot relate the song with the story of the video.
Then, what I understand from the story, the man that lying on the street is actually has mental problem. Based on his live, without family, he looked like lonely. But, what make me weird, why others peoples also lying when heard what that guy said something. It makes me wonder. My guest is the man was said something that related to their God. May be he said that their God was ask him to be lying on the street with one reason. And if the others know the reason, they also need to be lying like him. If not, they will get punishment from their God. Haha..

That’s only can I comment s about the video. I don’t know whether it’s true or not. But if can, I want to know what actually the story’s mean...


SITI NOOR AIN BT MUHAMAD HUSAIN
AA08034

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum and hi to everyone..

The feeling when i watched the video clip is I'm so confuse.. I also tried to hear and to understand the lyric but I'm failed.

About the guy lying on the side walk, i don't know the right answer, but in my mind many answer that i have guess.

Firstly, i guess the guy want to release tension on the side walk.. maybe the guys very tension with the many of problems. Secondly, i guess the guy want to hear the song from the singer very clearly because i think the singer are from the underground. Lastly, i just guess the guy is mad.. huhu

So, you guess what guys?

RAHIMAH BINTI YUSOFF
~AA08066~

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum....

I'm glad to be part of this discussion...

For me, the video that we had seen is quite complicated and full of unknown messages..

Firstly, I can say that the 1st person laying down at the street was heard or saw something he don't expected, and in his thinking he should laying down...

Then, he hard to tell the other people why he is laying down is because of his thinking about that thing.

He thinks that thing is out of human thinking and he rather shut up and let the others got know that thing by themselves...

Lastly, because of the pressure from the others, he told them about that thing and luckily all of them follow what he did....

That's all from me...
thank you....

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum..

Like the others, I also still confuse about that’s video..

Although I tried to understand the song and the story in that video, I still don't understand what actually the video is about. Many things play in my minds and I will try to guess about the man in that video had said.

Through the face of that’s man, he looks stress. Never smile and look worried. I think he is tension with his life and has a mental problem. He tries to create a story and makes all the people around him believe him and follow him to lying down on the street.

May be he said about the world is arrive to the end of the day because he is tension with his life and because he is stand with his word, all the people believe him and all get ready to face it by lying down. Nothing they can do..
That’s is my answer that I can guess through the video.

WAHIDA BT MAT ZIN
AA08050

Amir_pali said...

Haa,I'm very excited when watching the video clip because the guy who lying on the floor look just like me when I'm returned to my hometown last week. It's not all same but the situation just like that, almost same.

For me, I think the guy just got to know that something was happened on the earth, maybe he can heard some sound that very strange.

Besides that, I think the guy feel very shy to stand up after accidentally falling down without any reason. He feel very shy because there are so many people who was watching at him. So, he create a reason that make all peoples around him to lying down same like what he was did.

Other than that, I think the guy just got some message from the god that 'Kiamat' almost to arrive. So, why not they lay down and think deeply along with praying.Sound impossible right!!Just a sticky idea that come on my mind.Don't believe it ok.Just to make some fun...(^__~)

AMIR FADLI BIN ABU BAKAR
AA08173

Anonymous said...

ah..hello!
i've just already watched this video clip minutes ago and yeah, its quiet hard to predict what did that weird looking man has in his mind the first time i watched this video. but you know what, i'm starting to laugh after that because i already figured out what really this man has in his mind after i watched this video for the second time. do you know why i'm laughing like that?
if you remember it well, the first scene in this video is when the man wanted to take bath, is it? did you noticed that there were no splashing water when the man entering the bath tab?! besides, if you hear the vocalist well, you might noticed that the first two verses of the song sounded like this,"can't get the stink off,it's been hanging around for days". haha..that shows that the man didn't take his bath for days!!very funny right!
then the second scene is regarding why that man laying on the street like that. it's simple! logically, you'll feel very demotivated and started to make something weird whenever you're in desperate situations. the same thing goes to this poor guy. can't take his showers for days just because he didn't pay the bills and being mocked by his friends really puts him in sorrow and demoralized mode.it's just that his act in showing what he feel is so weird for us, as the malaysian or perhaps, the easterners. but this kind of action is not rare among the american. also, don't really bother about the people gathering around him saying super-serious things like God or something that related to their life cause it's just an american joke!!yeah,it's some kind of american joke actually if you want to know.they say something that sounded serious at first but ended up with stupid and unreasonable reason.that's why the video clip's director didn't put the subtitle when the man started to say his sacred words cause it's totally an american joke.i can imagine that many of us will say improper words or maybe puke towards the video if the subtitle really being shown.
heh, the last scene is where all the people started laying on the street after hearing the man's words.all of them actually shocked and fainted upon hearing the man's words,"sorry,don't stand near to me and leave me alone cause i haven't take my showers for days".that's why all the people laying on the street like they're sleeping while the man's continue with his laying activity consciously.
so, that's the main idea of this video.it's really common actually for a western indie band to produce video clip like this.
sorry for the long post.
till next time!

AMIRUL AIZZAT BIN ZAMANI
AA08146

nuriasnizamnurisham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nuriasnizamnurisham said...

salam...

I've just already watched the video clip "Guess" again, I feel a little bite confuse with the video clip because many aspects and elements in this video clip not so clear. For example, the message or objective of the video clip and also the storyboard that make audiences so confuse...but the good thing in this video clip is the music arrangement of the song is sound like interesting and easy listening. But the points is, the unknown band group is very weird and annoying especially the vocalist and the guitarists...with the way that he deliver the song and also the attitude I felt so weird and make hard to catch the lyric and the message of the song...
About the guy that lay on the street in this video clip, I think, this some of interesting element that they have in this video clip because when the guy start to lay on the street, every audience start to asked why the guy thinks? If he is mad or something? Or he try to kill himself? A lot of questions may be exist..but in my opinion, this guy try to get some attentions from people round him...and when he get some attentions he try to not answer any people question...for example when the guy that fall because him, the guy try to sympathy with him but he ignore its...but the main point is when the end of this video the guy that lay on the street try to say something to but I can't get it..but i guess that the guy try to say "Something was coming that can destroy us and I do this to ave my life"...and after a few minute may be the guy will say this...." Hahaha...April Foll!"

but the thing is this video is an interesting video bad that will be better if change the vocalist and the guitarists...hehehe ok that all bye!

NURIASNIZAM MAT DIN
AA08035

hOney n' cLOver said...

ahaks..
nOw its my turn...
abut the video...
at first, i thought dat iT jUSt a nOrMAl vIdeo cLip That i usE tO watch..
sLOw, harmony and simple..
that was tHe first tHing dat cOme in my mind that time...
bUt tO be honEst, uNtil the eND oF da vIdeO cLip, i sTill dOnt reallY get it.
or i do buT it seems nOt realLy rasiOnal fOr me...
i duNno...

watching that me me think deeply, what could possibly be for a person that seems smart, hv job, gOod life, can aCt like that?
suPpose that iT just tO be tension coz of the work thaT they did..
bUt more i see and watch iT, it seem mOre to religiousness thing...
bUt cOme to think oF it, the mOre they stuBorn, tHe is a lOt of proBlems tHey mUst face...



nUr sYaHirah AdiBa Bt Jamsus
Aa08163
.:wOrld aRe bOrn becaUse of u..:

Anonymous said...

assalamualaikum,,

haha!
Actually I don't have any idea what the video want to tell about..So, I just give my opinion about the video..

I think the reason first man lying on the sidewalk is because he stressed about his life and he want to do something that can attract people on him, so the first thing appear in his mind is lying on the sidewalk..hihi~

Then, I think that man was said about what is happen to the world nowadays. They all busy about their life, and never think about others. So, they ask them to feel like him and put them into his shoes.

Everyone was lying on the ground after he explain it because they all realise about their fault and feel regret it by showing them lying on the ground like the man done.

Emm .. I don’t really know about the lyric and by watching the video, I think the band want to show the reality on this world but they want us to think deeply about it.

For me, the video is full of imagination..
That’s all from me..

Nurbaitee binti Mohamad Fauzi
AA08114

EirA said...

Assalammualaikum w.bt.
About the video ‘GUESS’ I was watched last week, until now it made me to think to guess what are the message from that man who are lying down on the street. I’ll try to guess it based from what are the band singings, but I also not understand. Many times I’ve seen this video, but can’t think what is talk about.

Because it is about the “GUESS” why the man lying down on the street, I think actually he was tension with their live now, maybe he got the problem and can’t handle it, and he can’t trust himself to solve it. So he don’t know with who he can tell their problems. So he went out to the town, to find any people to solve their problem but he can’t find anyone. Because of that, he made decision to lying down on the street to feel calm and at the same time he want to attract the people with his sad face and suddenly someone was kick his leg because can’t see him lying down on the street. Then, that man ask the lying man why he lying down, how he feel or sick. But the lying man just said he fine. Then, many people gather around him, that’s mean many people was care about him. That’s mean his plan was success to attract the people and solve his problem and after that he tell why he lying down then all the people also follow him because to show sympathetic with him.

Thank you…

NUR SHAHIRA DIANA BINTI SALEHUDDIN
AA08072

✕✖~PinG~✖✕ said...

Hi, I already watch the video clip just now. First of all, I don’t really get it what is the purpose the director or the creator of the video clip doing this kind of video? Is it the video clip was been created just for fun or to let everyone think about the video clip. But honestly, is a quite good and not to boring to watch.
When I finished watched this video clip, I suddenly think deeply. What is the man told everyone? I really want to know what he said actually. Why is it so important until everyone need to forced him to told them why he lying on the walking street. And after he told everyone, suddenly they are lying on the walking street like the man did.
Just forget what the man told them and I will not give an idea about that. I will comment on this video clips generally. First, I really like the man that stand still on his believe. He believes in something until he does not want to get up when everyone ask him to do so. Everyone forced him to get up until they were fed up and started to asked him why he doing like this and they keep asking and asking although the man didn’t want to answered. The man still lying until the end of the video clip and still stand on his believes.
Second is the curiosity among the people. We cannot deny everyone have a curiosity to know something especially when someone stand to believe or keeping a secret in something and do not want to let everyone know if they been asking to tell everybody. Sometimes it happens to our daily life especially me. When someone trying to hide something from me, I will start to asking what is all about and the secret that they are keeping from me and I will never stop until I they are telling me the truth.
But generally, I like this kind of video because it make me think of everything and watched this video clip over and over again.
thank you...

ARJIANAH BINTI ALIAMAT
AA08046

arein said...

Hey guys..
I don’t have any idea on the meaning of the video clip for the first time I watch it.
It’s quite weird video clip but I tried to understand the lyrics of the song at the second time I watched it. I found that there was frustrating sound in the music and the lyrics of the song.

It looked like the man who was lying down on the ground was frustrated with somebody whom he trusted. Try to hear again and you will notice that there were lyrics:
“You've changed the locks three times,
He still comes reeling through the door.”
That’s why he hung out for days without destination and lying down on the street. It was common for a frustrating person to act like that.

For the last scene, I can’t find any related reason on what he said and why the others following him to lie down on that street. Maybe they felt sympathy for him or maybe they shocked of what he said. But, shocked for what? Who knows!!

NUR AIN ITHNIN BT ALIAS
AA08101

aMaRz said...

Assalamualaikum and good day to all of you.....

Now I want to comment about the music video that I watch in lecturer room. Firstly, I suppose to say that I do not understand what the music video try to give a message to audience. I think that the music is not related to the video clip. It is become weird to me because lastly, all the people that stay there lay down on the walkside. More I saw the video, more confious I am.

I did not understand what is the role of guy in this video and why he do that? What I just remember that he said is don’t lie and do not touch him even people at the walkside want to help him. I think he have a big trouble that make his habit become weird and disturbing the public who always use the walkside. But the lesson that we can take is do not do the weird think until the others think you are crazy. Addition, don’t say lie to the others because the possibility to lost friends is high and cannot get people belief to you.

Then, this is all comment that I can give about the music video. To all of my member that intellegent to describe this video is invited to give your comment. What I suppose to do is done.

Think.... think.. think......???

Thank you....

MUHAMAD SHYAMIR AL AMAR B. MUHAMAD TOBIB.
AA08031

Nurranizam said...

Assalamualaikum and hi everybody,


Regarding to our Guess video, I want to share my opinion on what happened in the last scene of this video. This video is very interesting and enjoyable but it’s hard to understand the massage that the band tries to deliver. The best part is when the conversation between a person and group of person take place in the last scene. The person that I mention is lying on the ground and a group of people try to help him but in the end, they suddenly end up following that person after hearing his words. What is the word that the person tells to everyone? This is the mystery that I try to solve and somehow I come up with many theories and ideas. Some of them sounded crazy but some of them are words of wisdom.


I think the guy tells everybody that there is no use to continue living because all of them already know that they will die eventually. This is the most possible and logic answer that I can think and relate to this video. When the guy said the word that I mention earlier, many of them believe and followed him. The question is, if there is no meaning to live on, why they don’t want to commit suicide? The just lying on the ground instead of jumping from high building or stab themselves. Furthermore, there are many other method to commit suicide that probably safe and affordable.


However, I don’t want to jump to conclusion early because I think that my first idea is very bad. In fact, it might be the worst idea ever. On my second thought, the guy just said something about the band. As you all notice that the event take place in front of apartment which the band jamming and singing. The guy maybe saying something like: “come closer and rest your head a bit. Tilt your head a bit and you will hear a group of band playing a wonderful song”. The band that the guy was mention is the band that singing this song.


Both of my idea is really hard to understand but this is the only ideas that make sense. This video is so mystery but somehow I really enjoyed it. If someone know the true answer for this missing puzzle, I would really glad to know.


MOHD KHAIRUL NIZAM BIN BAHARUDIN
KA08034

*fiena* said...

Assalamualaikum...

Now is may turn to comment for this video clip.

Ermm…how to start the comment for this video clips ya?? I have no idea to comment for this video clip. Actually I don’t understand this video clip most. Talk about this video clip, my first impression after watched it is I really do not any idea. I want to be crazy guess the massage of this video clip. This video clip showed a man lied on the road. May be he has his own reasons why he do like that. But I think it is the crazy thing he had done in his life. Or maybe he really likes to lie on the road…hehehe…

From his action, I think he has a big problem. That’s why he doing something crazy likes that. at last of this video, all people standing around him do the same things like him after he explain why he do that. But we don’t know what he already said to the people. May be there the reasons all people followed what the man had did. For those of you, who understand this video clip, please share with me. That’s all. Thank you.

SHAHFINA BINTI MOHD JAAFAR
AA08154

~ dieyra ~ said...

Asslammualaikum and hello everyone..

When first watched the video in the class, the first thing that in my mind about the video is which the man lying on the floor is the band that sing the song is in underground. Maybe there are some place at underground that became a place where people can do something like that because when at underground people can’t heard voice when we make noisy. Thus may be the place is suitable for the band to release their tension there. About the man lying on the floor maybe he want to hear the song that the band sings.

Other than that, when I saw the video for several times, actually I can’t guess what the video is all about. I also can understand what is the band songs. And I can’t got what is the relationship between the song and the man who lying on the floor.

Maybe my first idea just now is the worst idea but that the thing that I thought on my first impression. For me that is not relevance when all the people followed the man to lay down on the walkside. It is like unbelievable.

Even I saw this video for many times, I can’t understand what the video is all about. Maybe I have to think it again and again. But the video is very interesting because it can make to thing what is happen actually.

I think that all. Thank you.

NUR AQMA NADIRA BT MAZUKI
AA08025

lieza said...

Hello everyone…

How are you today? I hope all of you are feel better then the days before.
Now, I want to give my opinion about the video clip.

Honestly I say that I don’t really understand about the video clip that I was watching in the class before.
So, I watch it again and again but I’m still cannot understand what it is about. Actually, the lyrics and what the person in video clip’s saying are not to clear. Although it has the subtitle but it is too fast.
So, I’m only makes my assumption what the guy that lying on the side walk said. I try to guess it but I don’t know whether it true or not.
At the first I think that the guy is crazy because he lying on the side walk. Why not he just go home and lying on the bed. It’s more comfortable than lying on the ground.
But when I’m thinking it’s again I think maybe he want to relax and don’t want any person touch or help him. This video is weird when all the people were lying on the side walk too. I don’t know what that guy said to that people. I think he told to the other people just relax and do like him.

i know maybe certain of you will say that this is the stupid idea. but i don't heva the idea anymore. so, anyone who know the answer please tell to me.
thank you.
NORLIZA ISHAK
KA08092

AFeeQ Slamber said...

Yo....

After I watched the video clip, I still wonder what this video clip about???

No matter what???? I still want to mention my guess. I think that guy who was lying on the sidewalk just want to attract other people... nothing but that.

Then, when he was crowded, that man said that the God is watching what they do now, whether they do any sin or not... and that man suggest that they should lying quietly such as him so that they didn't do any sin or any wrong thing....
That's all....

Oh! About the message that this music video tries to convey is
"we must be ourself in order to attract the others". In this video clip that man being himself by lying on sidewalk and he success to attract the pedestrian also the policeman....

Lastly, about the song... I think that song is quite good for someone who want to be a "SLAMBER" just like myself... hehehe...

See ya.... Assalamualaikum...

MUHAMAD AFIQ BIN ADNA
AA08032

muhammad farhan bin abd. karim said...

assalamualaikum everyone...

i hope i am not late posting to this topic... i am sorry because i lately reply this comment because of the internet problem.....i couldnt be online for 1 week i think....duh!.....

erm... for the video, i think the man was lying on the floor is because he get to know some bad news, maybe the entire world was going to be destroyed...so he felt so scared and the only thing that he can do is just lying on that floor....

and for me, i think the video is so special because it full of mystery......nobody know what is the truth,....

so, when the man tell everyone that the world is going to be destroyed, everybody felt so scared and then they all just lied on that floor...

that is my opinion, but the truth, only the god knows....

assalamualaikum....~

i am bored of the internet problem...it is really really annoying me.....

MUHAMMAD FARHAN BIN ABD. KARIM
AA08115

Unknown said...

assaLalamuALaikum…
hi everyone….
About the video clips….first when I watched it at lab,,,I don’t understand at all,..
Whats it mean for…
About that music video of lying people, i think the people which want to say one word or sentence related to everyone at the daily life.
The lyrics also wasn’t understand by the viewer….
Huhu….
This song sang by radiohead,,,n why he want 2 sing like that,,does he need to sing with so excited…

And after I have think whats is it about,,i scratching my head to think it,,maybe the man lying at the side walk because he really tied with many problems & he want to sleep for a while….to release their mind…n when he explain it,,,everyone is agree…n they lying down 2..
That all from me…what I have think it…

SHARIFAH NADIA BINTI SYED AHMAD
AA08165

Szayel said...

Hallo everyone...
Wow... I think it is very difficult to guess it. Actually I’m not good in that thing. First time I saw that clip video, I’m not understand exactly what the motive of that song, what it is about, and what they try to tell us. Their video clip is very weird because of it ending. Seem it not have ending because it make people guessing. Emm… I don’t have any idea what exactly he says in the ending of that clip. Let me try… I think maybe he said he tired with him live. He just want to rest and do what he want. Hahah… that all! I’m really don’t have any idea to guess it.

MUHAMMAD RIDZUAN BIN MAMAT
KA08074